Credit Score in Milwaukee>Question Details

Lalahony38, Renter in Milwaukee, WI

Does Wells Fargo really approve loans with scores as low as 500?

Asked by Lalahony38, Milwaukee, WI Sat Jul 9, 2011

my husbands FICO is 670 mine is lower 570 due to OLD medical bills but I dont have any credit cards in my name. the car loans are paid off and my husband has one credit card that is paid off per month. I have a tax lien but I am in a payment plan that ive been on for over a year. we make combined 88,000 and found a home for 170100 that we want to buy... just wonder if Wells Fargo will decline us just on my info, or will they look at the whole picture.

Answers

7
Everyone (as in all applicants) need to meet requirements of the program they are applying for. Lenders take into consideration the entire picture, but it doesn't excuse someone from not being able to qualify.

Q: Does Wells Fargo really approve loans with scores as low as 500?
A: They advertise they do, and some people get approved, but a lot people I've spoken to and recent qualifications stories I read about people who apply with lower scores report having difficulty with the actual approval after they are pre-approved, like the pre-approval wasn't very thorough, like the underwriter never reviewed the situation ahead of time, like not until after non-refundable costs have already been incurred. There are several guidelines to be aware of with Wells Fargo's less than 600 credit score program.

#1 They do FHA loans scores down to a 500
#2 580-599 scores require a 5% down payment
#3 Scores below 580 require a 10% down payment
#4 Purchases only
#5 More restrictive debt ratios, nothing over 31% for housing and 36% for total debt ratio
#6 Gift funds and down payment assistance is not permitted
#7 Need to have 2 months of your the housing payment in the bank still available after closing (called "reserves")
#8 Seller closing cost credit cannot exceed 3% of the sales price
#9 More particular about credit history, meaning more time needs to have elapsed from derogatory events than with scores over 600, sometimes up to 3 years
#10 Rates are higher the lower the scores are

Remember not to put the cart (house) before the horse (mortgage financing). A big cause of consumers making bad decisions with mortgage financing is getting their heart set on a particular home before they know they can qualify. It leads to making irrational choices on what one conceives as being affordable & necessary, and the results aren't pretty (difficulty with making payments, foreclosure).

One way to address your medical debt is through the HIPAA letter process, that stands for Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). It is a 100% legal way to remove medical collections from your credit report as you are using U.S. Law as your basis to remove them.

It requires you have knowledge of the HIPAA law as well as FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act), and be ready to write some letters and take action. It can be a bit tough to do that research on your own, so a very nice person, named "WhyChat", decided to take it upon themselves and compile all of the information that is needed on a website at http://whychat.5u.com/hipltr.html - including the legal basis (violations can be pursued by the state attorney general's with annual per violation fines up to $1,500,000 - talk about motivation for collection agencies to comply with the law), step-by-step instructions, links to attorney's opinions and even sample letters for you to copy/use on your own.

It has a 99.9% success rate when done properly - however if you take a misstep there is a good chance it will not work and the medical collections will remain on the credit report until they would otherwise fall off due to the statute of limitations to report such items on the credit report, so do not take any short cuts.

Then with your medical collections gone, your scores are likely to improve, and you can apply with a lender who does a full pre-approval before you make an offer, or have a better chance getting approved with Wells Fargo's pre-qualification process.

ICC Mortgage And financial Services, Is a sincere and certified private Loan company approved by the Government, we give out international and local loans to all countries in the world,Amount given out $2,500 to $100,000,000 Dollars, Euro and Pounds.

We offer loans with a dependable guarantee to all of our clients. Our loan interest rates are very low and affordable with a negotiable duration.

Available now

MORTGAGE, PERSONAL, TRAVEL, STUDENT, EXPANSION OF BUSINESS AND NEW UNSECURED, SECURE, CONSOLIDATE

AND MORE
Available now..

Apply for a loan today with your loan amount and duration, Its Easy and fast to get. 4% interest rates and monthly installment payments.

robertinc.linzer@gmail.com

Regards
Gary Cole
(646) 580-4839
Flag Wed Jun 18, 2014
Have your husband add you as an authorized user to the credit card he pays off each month. Work on paying off the medical bills, then dispute them with each credit bureau. Don't shop around until you have accomplished this as you will only lower your credit scores further.

Christina Solorzano;
CEO & SR Credit & Mortgage Consultant of
Everlasting Credit
Ex-Mortgage Broker of more than 10 years
http://www.everlastingcredit.com
We are able to go down to a 580 mid credit score. If you would like to talk further about your situation please contact me directly.

Mandy Fritsche, Mortgage Loan Officer, NMLS# 557211, Prospect Mortgage LLC
262-327-5700 Cell, 877-868-9198 Fax, mandy.fritsche@prospectmtg.com
http://www.MyProspectMortgage.com/mfritsche
Hi! my name is Aubrey Kloss and I am the Regional Account Manager and Credit Expert for the state of Wisconsin with National Credit Care, a nationwide credit restoration company based in the mortgage industry. Please feel free to email me with any questions regarding improving your credit efficiently at Aubrey@nationalcreditcare.com . thanks
Lalahony38 - You may be able to get a loan. Wells will do 600 easily, below that is tougher but they look at circumstances. Contact me, I can help you!! text or email or call aprilh@remax.net or 414-617-6728 If they can't do your loan now I can help you clean up your credit in 30 - 90 days so you can buy now!!
Make it a great day!
April Hayden-Munson
RE/MAX
You can check with the lender or go through other lenders. I have had buyers who have used only the person with the good credit score and they didn't use the other one. You could just use your husband. I have reliable lenders I use who I know well. If you need any information or have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact me. We deal with a lot of first time buyers in Milwaukee and work with them on getting pre-approvals.

Nina Kraus
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
414-207-3953
Web Reference: http://www.kraushouses.com
There's one way to find out:
There's no jeopardy here, it won't affect your credit scores.

If you buy it on just his scores and his signature, you should be able to add your name to the Title after the Escow closes.

Good luck and may God bless