Credit Score in 60477>Question Details

Dana.carr619, Home Owner in New Albany, OH

Delinquency Date

Asked by Dana.carr619, New Albany, OH Wed May 1, 2013

I have 5 charge-off's from 2009 which have gone into collections in 2011 and 2012. The first date of delinquency on the the five accounts occurred on 9/2009. The collection agencies have dates listed on my credit report as 2011 and 2012 when they bought the accounts.

Should't the accounts reflect the 9/2009 date 9, the first date of delinquency , rather than the date purchased?

Answers

1
Dana:

Yes. The account should report the DLA (date of last activity) charge offs are normally 6 months after the last payment was made. It sounds like you need some credit help. Many collection agencies try to re-age the debt to keep it on a consumers credit report longer. This is a violation of the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collections Practices Act). You can actually sue a collection agency if you have proof of the variation of DLA. I am in the business of dealing with issues just like yours.

Best of Luck;

Christina Solorzano;
CEO & SR Credit Repair Specialist at
Everlasting Credit Repair
Ex-Mortgage Broker of 10+ years
http://www.everlastingcredit.com

We also have DIY Packages available.