Credit Score in York>Question Details

Ilvflipper, Home Buyer in York, PA

Credit scores and fha loans??

Asked by Ilvflipper, York, PA Sun Aug 18, 2013

Hello my credit score is 600 can I really qualify for a fha loan? I'm from York pa any reputable companies that can help me?

Answers

10
Michael Abramsky’s answer
Whil looking for a loan officer to help you get a home loan. Try following these 5 simple steps to increase your credit scores.

http://www.creditfirm.net/blogs/5-simple-credit-repair-tips.html

Good Luck!!
Web Reference: http://www.creditfirm.net
FHA really isn't credit score driven, it's the Banks and Lenders that set those score requirements. There are a few lenders that go down to 580 with FHA, I personally have closed on several homes with clients around and under 600. If you want any help email me or visit our website http://www.thelendersnetwork.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 20, 2013
K eliff I have a credit score of 601 and make an avg of 150000 a year, I own a home and pay by weekly
I am looking for a non fha loan of 75000 for a summer vacation loan. My credit report has late payments which has negatively affected my score. All my bills are current or paid off
Also look into USDA >>maybe even better for you .
I would not pay a credit repair company. Most take your money and do the same thing you can do yourself.
The absolute minimum required for an FHA loan is 500, but usually lenders will only give a pre-approval around 620. Although 620 is likely the average for an FHA loan, some lenders minimum may be higher and others may be lower. For example, lenders like myself can go as low as 580 for an FHA loan. But for your benefit I suggest you try to raise your credit score. The most effective way to fix your credit score is to pay your revolving credit card balance and debt.

Hope this helps! If you have any further questions or if you need a loan, feel free to contact me with the information on my profile page. Also, if you found my comment helpful please recommend me on my profile page!

Brian Nguyen
Sr. Mortgage Banker
NMLS # 659743
Phone: 949.667.2887
brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
These days the FHA insures backs loans with a minimum credit score of 580 but finding a lender that will fund the loan under 640 can be tough. I would check with a few reputable mortgage professionals.

Chris
I can hook you up with a lender that will do as low a 580. Here is my e mail movewithsharon@gmail.com . Send me a way to get his name a number to you. It is not nice to put his personal info out here on a public site without him knowing. He is super nice and can do the pre approve by phone/ internet.
Hello flipper,

I do have one lender that will do 600 scores.

Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa 18966
215 953 0800
cell 267 992 7276
VOTED BEST IN BUCKS 2010 & 2012
NMLS ID 143960
FHA generally requires a minimum middle FICO score of 620. With some lenders having overlays that raise the minimum to 640.

I think the main place to start is to ask you where you received this 600 score. If it is not a true FICO score than you actually may have a high enough score to qualify. There are three major credit bureaus that mortgage lenders look at. The middle score of the three is the one they will use to qualify you for financing.

If you received your score from a free online credit site like freecreditreport.com, creditkarma.com, or creditsesame.com - it is not accurate.

If your score is in fact just below the minimum, it should be entirely possible (if not highly likely) to triage your reports to raise it to the point where financing is obtainable.

I have vast knowledge in credit and credit repair and would be glad to speak with you regarding your situation.

Yosh Heba
Prudential Bob Yost Homesale Services
yheba@prudentialhomesale.com
That's pretty close. If you send me an email directly I will be happy to give you a couple loan officers names.