Credit Score in 77429>Question Details

jenjge, Home Buyer in Cypress, TX

All these credit scores are confusing! Which one is used for a mortgage application?

Asked by jenjge, Cypress, TX Tue Apr 23, 2013

I have 2 monthly credit reporting services - Equifax and myFICO. Equifax tells me the 3 scores from the 3 bureaus - they are 614, 620 & 635. However, myFICO says it's 578. Why the big difference, and which score matters? I've been working to rebuild, but don't know when I should try to apply for a mortgage because I don't know which score would be reported to the lender!

Answers

9
also necessary to have a good debt to income ratio, cash reserves and stable/consistent job history and wages. Not just about the credit score!
The middle one. Perhaps check with a loan officer first.
Jen,

Mortgage lenders use a different calculating factor thus your score will vary from a car dealer, to the one you view from the bureaus directly. Your best bet is to sit down with a mortgage lender have them pull your credit. They will pull what is called a tri-merged report. Which is all three of the major bureaus. Experian, Equifax, and Trans Union. These are the scores that will be utilized to qualify you for a mortgage. If you need help improving your scores, my company offers guaranteed services. But I do suggest you get your credit pulled from a mortgage lender and have them provide you a copy of the entire report, not just the score disclosure.

Best of Luck;

Christina Solorzano
CEO & SR Credit Repair Specialist at
Everlasting Credit Repair
http://www.everlastingcredit.com
Lenders get all 3 scores & use the middle score. Credit reporting services are usually close, but not accurate.
Good Question Jen
Its risky for you to work with your credit because it is so easy to make a wrong move. So many times someone will do something for their credti like paying down an over due bill and actiually cause the score to drop. And there are so many other little changes that would seem to improve the credit but do not. An ethical experience loan officer who works for a lender that offers all of the loan types is your next step. Experienced loan officers work with credit every day and they have an incentive to help improve the score. The loan and their commission. I have watched and listen hundreds of times as they suggest small changes or requests and have the rating up in time for the loan to close.
The challange is to find the right loan officer and lender because the loan options will also improve your odds. You will find a few helpful articles at Your Road Home.com. Consultation Interviewing Loan Officers, and a number of articles about the various loan types available. Gather up all the objective information you can find before you interview a loan officer. After you have gatherd all your information you will find agents and loan officers from your area offering their services on Trulia. Trulia is also a good source of information.
Best of Luck, Stephen Webber
Web Reference: http://Your-Road-Home.com
my team would be happy to help you. please contact me at 713 823 5896(cell/text)
Credit reporting services can be very confusing & often inaccurate. Feel free to apply online at http://www.rhlapps.com/kjones if you would like to know where you actually stand now. We're able to finance FHA (3.5% down) loans with middle credit scores as low as 580...it sounds like you will qualify.

K.C. Jones
RH Lending
214-432-0486
kjones@rhlending.com