Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX

"Current Owner" on the Tax Appraisal Website.....does this mean the real owner name is hidden?

Asked by Bruce Lynn, Coppell, TX Thu Nov 20, 2008

I've run across a few homes lately where the owner name seems to have been removed and replaced with "Current Owner". Is this just a failure on the part of tax authority employees, or in Tarrant County is this a way to hide the owner of the property for law enforcement, judges, DAs and the like? In Dallas County the property is normally listed as Withheld....persuant to xxx.xxx of the X legislation.

Answers

2
Bruce, I have not seen any records notated "Current Owner" but they do have a method for hiding criminal justice employee home addresses. That may be why. It says "
Confidentiality of Home Addresses of Peace Officers, County Jailers, Security Officers, and Employees of Texas Department of Criminal Justice.Under Section 25.025, Tax Code, if you are a peace officer, county jailer, commissioned security officer or employee of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, you may request that information in the appraisal records identifying your home address be restricted from public access. By completing and submitting this form to the appraisal district, you are requesting the confidentiality of information identifying your home address. If you want to rescind this confidentiality request, you must do so in writing to the appraisal district.
Web Reference: http://www.SumnerRealty.com
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 23, 2008
Bruce, I too have seen this in previous years when I still lived in the Southwest Houston area. That is exactly what I was told it was used for down there....hide well known owners. I would HOPE that is why it is used in North Texas and NOT that our county offices are just getting too lazy to fill out all the information.

Let me know if you find out anything different. katlyn57@juno.com