bharrington9…, Home Buyer in Henderson, NV

We want to buy lot in LLV to build a home. Is it possible to live on-site during construction in a motor home? What's rent on a cheap 1BR?

Asked by bharrington93117, Henderson, NV Mon May 13, 2013

Have done this before in AZ. I will be the Owner Builder again. By motor home we mean it could be a travel trailer. For a specific lot can a realtor tell me the exact HOA dues?

Answers

9
Renting the property is always an option. I can tell you that there are property management companys that can help you in that process. I can give you a few if you like.
Real estate agents have great opinions but the safest course is to check with the Building Department or Comprehensive Planning. Get it straight from the horses mouth. Here is the address and phone number:

City of Henderson
240 Water Street
Henderson, NV 89015
(702) 267-3900

City of Las Vegas
Department of Building and Safety
Development Services Center
731 South Fourth Street
Las Vegas, NV 89101
(702) 229-6251
To clarify my 1st answer: it is generally allowable to live in a 'construction trailer' on-site during the course of construction. It varies by municipal entity but usually gets you 1-year and often an additional year extension. Additional restrictions by the master planned community (MPC) or a sub-association (if any) could over-ride Henderson, Clark County, etc. with additional restrictions.
As for a 1 bedroom rental - need to know a location and amenities you desire. Prices will obviously vary
Frank
Most of South Shore are custom lots with custom homes built on them. Anyone who is a listing agent or selling agent for any length of time in this community will know the CCR's. Especially when most homes are distressed.
If one is going to sell any lot or improved lot in this area, it is advisable to review the CCR's - this is common sense!
As for the Henderson Building Department, they have been sued for a plethora of reasons and are not a reliable source in gathering information about common interest communities.
From an experienced Broker, even getting existing plans on specific properties ( I KNOW - I HAVE HAD SEVERAL REO OUT IN SOUTH SHORE ) anywhere in the City of Henderson is next to impossible, unless you have connections, and that is one reason why the Department exists!
I'm sure a real estate agent who is active in that market would be familiar with the rules, regulations and covenants, conditions and restrictions. However, I would check with the Henderson Building Department or Comprehensive Planning to verify that information. A real estate agent is not an expert in planning in most cases.
No you may not live in a motor home while under construction.
I know South Shore quite well. I sell plenty out there.
There is the master fee is 115.00 / mo
If you buy inside of one of the key padded entry communities ( double gated ) there is also a minor association HOA with fees. Marseilles for example is 192.00 mo in addition to the master at 115.00 per mo
Each minor association has different HOA dues
Some of the properties have the master fee as well of around $365/month.
Hello ,

The HOA dues vary in Lake Las Vegas. In the South Shore , if that is where you will build , is around $225 from what I have seen with previous listings. I am happy to research this is more detail for you. You can contact me directly , christina@kingofcasas.com or my cell phone 702.265.6000 , I am happy to answer any questions you might have. I will also look into your other question regarding living in the motorhome on site. I have seen 1 bd renting around 700-800/month previously.

All the best ,
I look forward to hearing from you.
Christina Arnold