Celebrity Homes in 90278>Question Details

Voices Member,  in

Celeberty Homes is (I can guess) but is this a required disclosure to the buyer?

Asked by Voices Member, Tue Jan 13, 2009

I really have no idea but thought I would ask!

Answers

5
Earla Ruetas, REALTOR, ABR, GREEN, GRI, SFR’s answer
There's no such word as celeberty. I assume you meant, celebrity? Anyway, when it doubt, they say it's always recommended to disclose! disclose! disclose! If that is a matter of fact, and you know the celebrity who occupied the property, then disclose.
But at what point?

During the marketing period, I can imagine some celebs may want some privacy, and keep the disclosure of who the actual resident is limited to qualified buyers who are actually in the market for such and such a home.

Does the historic value of being connected with some famous star of the past add some interest to the property, maybe even value?
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
If the reason for NOT disclosing is because perhaps the Buyer wouldn't proceed with the deal then you should ALWAYS DISCLOSE it.

There are far too many reasons to always disclose information with only one reason to not disclose.
Probably should be disclosed...but it comes with the territory.
Its a great question. My first answer would be no since I have never heard of that being an issue for a buyer. However if a buyer was not made aware that Tour buses constantly stop at his new home, with negative consequences, I have no doubt he could find a lawyer who would be more than than willing to file a case.

Stewart Fournier
310-968-1730