I have not found a way for Realtors or sellers to remove photos that were previously uploaded to Trulia, after a listing sells or is removed. I think this needs to be an added feature. Please let us know if your email to Trulia's help desk was successful!... more
Craigslist is the absolute best! I have always been able to rent my and my clients' rentals through them within a week or two. It just takes a bit of perfection.
If it's not working, just like selling a house, try these ideas (free advise, don't forget!):
1. Lower the rent you are asking
2. Include electric and/or heat and adjust yoru rent accordingly. Many people just want an all in one rent bill.
3. Clean, paint and improve the rental. Take new pictures, repost on Craigslist.
4. Write a catchy description. Include unique features about the apartment or neighborhood.
5. Hold group showings. Easier for you and everyone can see the place together and ask questions.
6. Lastly, if you are still frustrated, contact a real estate agent who would list and show the rental for you. Not free - usually charge one month's rent, but if it rents then you are getting rent that you wouldn't have gotten otherwise. And saves you time and headache.
Stick with Craigslist. Repost when you have made the above improvements and I am sure you will rent it within 2 weeks!... more