If you are a newbie... or not
~ Concentrate on one or two local area(s) until you get established ~
1. Create a multi-use door hanger/ direct mail card. Possibly a card that can be used as a bookmark
2. Spend a little on notepads w/ your name & phone #, go door to door and leave a card and a notepad
3. Use the same card for direct mail
4. Ask another agent to do an open house for them. Use your signs. This is a great way to get buyer leads. Make sure you attach bright colored balloons to your signs. The more signs with YOUR name and phone number the better! Neighbors see your sign - get your card and notepad. They start to think of you as part of the neighborhood.
5. Go to the local events, sponsor them, find out who runs the HOAs ask to do a talk and advertise it
6. Volunteer at a local community event or charity
7. Do your grocery shopping in that area - WEAR your name tag!
If you are established or have a marketing budget
8. Create an unusual website that stands out (see mine) http://www.esedona.biz. The shorter the url the better.
9. Tie your business cards into your website and your advertising
10. Create a logo that is different - It goes on everything
11. Make sure you have a GOOD IDX platform.
12. Keep a portfolio of all your marketing accomplishments and strategies
13. Have a Professional listing presentation that is UNIQUE to the property you are listing
- Do not hand it over to the seller until you have a signed contract
The secret is what does that agent do with their time? Lots of un-productive busy work, or continual prospecting every day to generate more Real Estate leads? That is why this industry has such a high turn-over rate. Agents must constantly be telling their Real Estate story. You will see activity breeds activity, the busier you are being productive, business will just seem to fall in your lap. Get out of your comfort level and do the things successful agents do.
Good luck and hang in there,
How many of you after reading this answer will remember my site. http://www.ChooseaHomeNow.com :))))
Old REALTORS never die, they just de-list....
Always looking for good people
The lowest cost method is to work your spher of influence such, as friends, relatives,
Past co workers and Church.
Also select a small geographic area that you like and are familiar with, then go knock on doors
And introduce yourself, and ask if they are looking to Sell or Buy a home or rental.
Have an item of Value to give them, such as Neighborhood Maket Report or a Note pad.
Do Open houses for other agents, this way you can meet potential sellers in the neighborhood
Where you are doing an open house.
Be active on Trulia, as well as other sites such as Facebook, write a blg.
Sellers and buyers will Google you and want to know what you know about
Direct Mail series- 3 pieces
social media (free)
talking to everyone you meet
There is no best way, every agent has their own top way to get listings. I actually have been able to get multiple listings through my online marketing. Best of luck.
All the best,
Exit Realty Search
3928 E. Tremont ave
Bronx, NY 10465
#FHA #vVALOAN #203K
Internet marketing was mentioned-- does anyone have any positive results they can share re: getting listings through internet marketing? Or is it hit and miss?
Some believe the meet you route is most effective.
Others use direct mail.
Everyone needs to work the sphere of influence.
A good plan is the stalk the FSBOS and expireds.
A better plan is collaborative arrangements.
An event better plan involves Value Added Marketing.
That plan will tie closely to PPC and placement internet advertising.
They ALL work if indeed they are worked.
Best of success in 2012.
ReMax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, Fl
727. 420. 4041
Miami Beach Real Estate Guy