But it it is time for change - then don't let the dissuade you - just plan carefully.
If PA laws and rules are not the same, my apologies. If they are similar then - Really, shouldn't you have known this in order to get your license?
If you intend to change brokers here is a very abbreviated list of things you must do.
1. Make sure all files for these listing are complete otherwise your current broker will not release then to the new broker. Your local association will have the appropriate transfer forms.
2. Seller will need to sign transfer documents to be included in your current brokers file.
3. Review all your listing and determine what telephone number is listed for your contact. If it is a call center number be sure to change the number before initiating the change.
4. Review ALL of your enterprise lead capture and listing web sites to reflect change and new telephone number.
5. Create a GREAT 'new beginning' campaign to send to all your contacts. Ask for referrals.
6. You will need to update your signs and business cards. New broker is most likely pay this expense.
7. Review all listings for email contact procedures. If directed through current brokers email system you will need to change to your personal or a new email address.
There is a great deal more details in making the change, but attending to the above will keep you in business during the change-over period.
Good luck and great success to you.