Agent2Agent in Chicago>Question Details

cath.okoroh,  in Hillside, IL

Where can I find a list of real estate offices that specialize in Hud homes or homes in need of renovation?

Asked by cath.okoroh, Hillside, IL Fri May 3, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


Hudhomestore,com list all registered hud brokers I am a registered hud broker located on the southside of chicago. Please call with any questions you may have 773-683-5905 ask for Dorothy
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
Go to HUD's website. Or you can check out all the foreclosure websites. Or you can also just look on the MLS.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
As many have stated the HUD website; also try,, (Freddie Mac). This is an area were all Realtors are not created equally, you will have to interview as many as 15 realtors® to find the right person who specializes in this type of transaction & is skilled at this type of transaction. Many will say any Realtor® can help you; but in all actuality there are very few Realtors® who did 10 of this type of transaction last year. The other “problem” you might have is when you find a Realtor® who specializes in this type of business and is turning a lot of volume they generally have a no bs policy; meaning you are clear & do not play games, you listen to their expertise and consul, they are not here to practice & submit low ball offers they are here to close the transaction. The Realtors® who truly specialize in this business know the market & the general guidelines of how to get an offer accepted through the system. Good Luck
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
HUD homes are listed in the MLS or you can go to HUD homes are just government owned foreclosures. They usually are limited to non-investor offers (like homepath) for a specific time period. Any agent can show and bid on these properties as long as they have an NAID, which most should. The bidding and closing process isn't much different than the homepath and homesteps properties. HUD homes seem to be priced low initially, which means it usually gets taken during the non-investor period. I would just find an agent that is familiar with foreclosures.

P.S. - There really isn't a secret list of foreclosures. Banks can get more $ by opening them up on the MLS. Plus they would get bad publicity if they were selling them to their buddies before the public. However, many agents have traditional sale pocket listings that they release to their buyers, friends, and family early. So if you get friendly with some listing agents you might be able to score a sweet deal.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 3, 2013
you can go on to find homes available by HUD and to find registered agent go to…

from your questions, it sounds like you need an agent that specializes in investment purchases, most of HUD homes are for first time buyers and owner occupant and you will have hard time buying a home through HUD for investment purposes.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 3, 2013
Feel free to contact me - HUD homes are available throughout the area.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 5, 2013

Looks like you got a lot of great answers. Realtors on here are really helpful.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
Yes, they were very helpful!
Flag Sat May 4, 2013
email me at and I will send you my list
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer