Hand them the flyer
Open the door.
Introduce them to REALTOR.
Go back to sidewalk
When asked ANY question you respond, 'Nice house."
Is that your dog? 'Nice house."
These instructions will keep EVERYONE safe.
- Set out signs and decorations
- Set up and serve refreshments
- Set up & monitor our video security system (we use a 6 camera wireless system at most open houses when there are entries/exits or special locations that should be watched)
- Hand out flyers when visitors enter
- Register visitors (I don't allow entry to occupied properties unless the visitor registers)
- Man a security post if valuables are on display in an occupied property
- Clean up and sign retrieval
Assistants answer visitor questions regarding where to park, when the entertainment will begin, when the free car will be raffled, etc., but must refer visitors to a licensee for questions regarding the attributes of the property and the offering terms.
If somebody trusts me enough to list their most valuable possession for sale, their home, the very least I can do for them is to have myself and another licensed person there to field questions.
Yes I always have 2 people at an open home, for safety, first, and if the home is owner occupied it is wise to have a second person there to watch over the seller's possessions.
In our area and unlicensed person cannot open his or her mouth about anything regarding the home. I went to an open house a few months ago in Foster City and asked (trick question) the unlicensed high school student hosting the open, "How much is the city transfer tax in this town?" She said to me "It's not much, but I'll find out for you"
There is no city transfer tax in Foster City
Where I live, you can hand out a printed flyer, but you are not allowed to answer any questions at all on the property. Your only answer can be, "I do not have my license you need to talk to the listing agent."
Just keeping it real!
It may vary state to state, but in Arizona you would only be able to hand them a flyer and not answer any questions about the property. If that is the case in OR as well, it might make it difficult to hold an open house.
Vicki Blaser &
Nicole van Winden
Two Tucson Natives
Tierra Antigua Realty
Let Natives Work for You!!