Agent2Agent in Holmdel>Question Details

damesekdan, Home Buyer in Westfield, NJ

I have a new york realtors license, what do I need to do to get my new Jersey license

Asked by damesekdan, Westfield, NJ Fri Dec 7, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Your NJ license is a separate one from NY. You will need to take the NJ required license class and test. Then take State exam. NJ requires continued education class every 2 years for a total of 12 credits.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 14, 2013
In addition to taking the course and passing the state exam, NJ now requires continuing education every two years. 12 credits which combine core and elective courses.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 8, 2012
Check with the NJ Real Estate commission.

When I went to get my NY license, since NJ needs more school hours than NY, I just needed to show proof of my 75 hour course completion and take the NY test. That may have changed, but that is what I know.

I think that the NY license requirements schooling is less then NJ.. so there may be some hours necessary.

But, I am winging it here from what I know.. so check with the NJRE!

Good Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
YES you have to! There are a lot of state specific questions/laws, so it makes sense. I can recommend a great school and provide you with any other info you may need.

Best of luck!

Cell: 917-626-9420
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
Unfortunately NJ does not have any reciprocity with any states so you'll need to enroll in a state approved pre-licensing school for 75 hours, pass the school test, then pass the state exam.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer