Agent2Agent in Los Angeles>Question Details

Drene, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

How do I transfer my WA real estate license to CA?

Asked by Drene, Los Angeles, CA Thu Jan 12, 2012

I recently tested and past in WA but then due to family relocated back to CA- what steps do I need to take now to get going in CA?!

Help the community by answering this question:



Great question! I'm a broker in several other states as well and just recently completed the coursework to get my Employing Brokers license in California. There are a handful of states that do NOT have reciprocity. Unfortunately, California and Texas are two of the states that do not acknowledge real estate licenses from other states. All is not lost though, depending on what classes you have taken either to get your current license in WA or in college, you may be able to reduce the amount of classes you need to take to get your license in California. Some of the classes that count towards your new license in California include- Business Law, Accounting, and Economics.

There are several companies that offer online education and exam prep for the state portion of your new California license. You will not need to pass the National Portion of the exam again, but will need to be able to pass the State portion for California.…

Best of luck to you on your new career!

If you liked my answer, please give me the "Thumbs Up" and reward me by designating me as the "Best Answer"!


Chris Schilling, ABR, GRI, CRS, GREEN
Real Estate Broker
Turbo Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 5, 2012
You will have to study for and take the California Real Estate License Test in order to practice Real Estate here. This is required for any state you might happen to move to.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 27, 2013

You do need to get your California License, We recommend all our agent to First Tuesday

Depending on what you are looking for you have plenty of options. Real Estate Brokerages have different plans and options which can help you grow your business.

We are currently looking for 5 active Realtors for our office location on Olympic and Bundy, Feel free to visit our website to learn more about us and available opportunities.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 27, 2013
You can not transfer your license. You can check to see if WA and CA do reciprocal licensing. Hope the following link helps.…
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 4, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer