I have had the servicer tell me no as soon as I asked without even going to the investor. I knew that the investor was Fannie so I went directly to the investor through HomePath and filed the request. Please note, in order to do this you will need to complete their third party authorization. Within a few days I received an email Fannie alerting me that the extension was approved and that they sent the info to the servicer.
More than likely you will receive the extension. I would not seat over it.
Best of luck to you.
The fact that you are asking Chase to agree to your terms is therefore allowing them the option of not having to abide by the terms of this agreement and sell you the property. Why would they do this? If the have had significant interest on the property prior to and after your agreement, this could prompt them to explore these options to see if there are better terms available through one of these offers.
The logic here is if there are going to wait an additional period why shouldn't they consider doing so for better terms.
There is more involved here than simply asking for and expecting everyone involved to agree to additional new terms. From where I stand, if you are in a position of having to move forward with this request, you better hope "you are the best player in the game."