Agent2Agent in Buffalo>Question Details

Jon, Renter in Houston, TX

Can someone take a real estate licensing class in another state, and then take the NY state licensing test afterwards?

Asked by Jon, Houston, TX Fri Jul 18, 2014

For example, could I take a real estate pre-license course in Texas, and then in a year or so, take the license test in NY? Or does it have to be a NY state course.

(currently living in Texas but expect to move to NY in a couple years)

Help the community by answering this question:


Hey Jon, good question. A lot of states offer reciprocating licenses (So you can work in FL & NY for example) You would need to see if the TX license could reciprocate with NY. The NY real-estate school and licensing is relatively affordable, you can get discounts and coupons online.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 18, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer