Agent2Agent in California>Question Details

Musicsurf, Real Estate Pro in California

Can I hang my license with a broker to do residential sales, and then work for a seperate property management company doing leasing on the side?

Asked by Musicsurf, California Sat Feb 6, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


I agree with agent Harold. However, verify this to your own satisfaction. The last thing you want is an issue with a greivance committee or the DRE
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue May 25, 2010
In Virginia you can as long as you have a Brokers license.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 6, 2010
In California, To the best of my knowledge you can if you are a BROKER. Agents can not do this.

Harold Sharpe
So Cal Homes Realty
(951) 821-8211
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 6, 2010
This may vary from state to state, not sure, but in NY you have to have your license with one brokerage. The place where you "hang your license" to do sales will feel that they are entitled to benefit from any real estate business you do, whether sales or rentals. What you're proposing is kind of like having a wife and a mistress.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 6, 2010
The answer is usually "no". You can't hang your license in two locations or with two broker's.

As a real estate agent, you can sell residential properties and also do leases.

If one brokerage pays a larger percent, do some research and find one that will allow you to do both.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 6, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer