Agent2Agent in 76063>Question Details

billabong979,  in Mansfield, TX

As an Investor Licensee how do I find a broker to sponsor me?

Asked by billabong979, Mansfield, TX Tue Apr 23, 2013

I will be obtaining my RE license in the next few weeks, how do I find a broker that will sponsor me? I don't want to take on clients. The sole purpose for obtaining my license is so that I can do my own deals for my investment properties.

Help the community by answering this question:


I doubt you will have any difficulty getting a broker to sign you up.
The overwhelming number of brokers operate with the principle..."If you pay the fee you're OK with me."
Choosing to become licensed, and accepting the associated encumberances very often prove counter productive for investor types. I trust you have completed the full spectrum of research that makes this the right decision for you.
The assumption I make is you are an experienced investor who has a track recond of successful transactions of which NONE resulted in litigation. As a licensed real estate professional, your business must conform to the businesss model of the broker and their advising counsel. Doing your own deals provides the broker no warm embrace they are safe from a deal gone whacky.
If you are speculating with exotic transactions, your most likely pathway to partnership is with a non-branded brokerage. Branded brokerages such as RE and Remax provide the liberty allowing broad focused business visions to flourish as the needs and experience of the associated agents expand.
Welcome aboard and....

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Assocaite
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 31, 2013
Like it was stated many brokers are willing to take on agents. There are many 100% Brokers out there, however you should do your homework. Some 100% brokers still have a small split , monthly dues, or both. I would highly recommend Mersal Realty b/c here it is cut and dry, NO monthly fees and NO splits whatsoever, just $125 per transaction. There are many investor agents that are calling Mersal Home.

Please feel to call me if you have any questions.

Erica Texada
(214)680-4566 DIRECT
(972)692-5770 FAX
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 31, 2013
If there is a local Better Homes and Gardens, you should contact them
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 23, 2013
I would drive the area you are interestd in buying home in and take names and numbers. Most brokers will sponsor any agent. Do your homework.....Check out Fathom Realty....You get to keep 100% of you commission...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 23, 2013
Seems like an expensive way to gain access to the MLS. Have you included the higher level of liability to you in your cost calculations?

If you do decide to be what we call a producing agent who lists and sells homes our company with 20 office thought the Dalls / Ft Worth region would be glad to talk to you.

Best of luck in your investment business.

Bruce Erickson
Cell 214-213-6382
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 23, 2013
You'll have to call brokers and offer to pay them to sponsor you.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 23, 2013
Why would I have to pay the broker? Wouldn't he/she get a percentage cut of every buy/sell that I transact?
Flag Tue Apr 23, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer