Agent2Agent in San Jose>Question Details

Adrian Chu, Real Estate Pro in Seattle, WA

Are any brokerage firms in the San Jose / San Francisco South Bay area looking for agents to join?

Asked by Adrian Chu, Seattle, WA Sun Sep 11, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


It's very strict. Here are your requirements:

1. You must have a pulse
2. You must walk on your hind legs
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 17, 2011
If you're thinking of relocating, check out Alain Pinel Realtors with offices in the Peninsula, San Francisco, South Bay, East Bay, Marin and Napa counties.

This is not a franchise, but a family owned company (the largest in California).The company provides an incredible amount and highest level of support for its agents.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 12, 2011
Are you breathing? That seems to be the criteria for most brokerages down here ...

Oh … and a California license …

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 11, 2011
Your question is much like asking: "Do piranha like to frantically consume human flesh?" Brokerages are constantly losing agents, so they are constantly looking for new ones.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 11, 2011
I'd be more concerned about what type of training and experience you can get. Some brokers just let you hang your license with them, allow you the opportunity to pay for a desk and turn you out to pasture. But they will give you an 80/20 or even a 90/10 which is what I will give for agents who can walk on all fours and think outside the box. Others take you under their wing and smother you with information and knowledge but want at least a 50/50 split for the privilage.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 18, 2011

As you can see, some of the Realtors here in California also double as stand up comics as their late night job. To those who answered, you all gave me quite a laugh today! Thanks!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 18, 2011
@Phyllis Mcarthur:

Last time I checked, walking on your hind legs was optional ...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 18, 2011
Pretty much any brokerage firm will let you join. What you need to ask them is what are the montly fees you will have to pay to have your license hanging on their wall.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 17, 2011
We're sure looking in the San Diego area.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 17, 2011

I am always looking to add quality people to our team. And we have a unique business model that makes our services easy to sell. If you would like to discuss, contact information below.

Best Regards,

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
DRE# 01384425
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 11, 2011
CSR Real Estate Services - residential and commercial. Call 408-558-5000 and ask for Steve or Brian to set up an interview.

We are the largest privately owned brokerage in San Jose. I love working here!

Kelsey Thomson
Dre 01858638
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 11, 2011
Hi Adrian,

I invite you to learn more about Coldwell Banker, the undisputed leader in real estate:

- More than 20% of individuals and teams ranked in the Top 400 Real Estate Professional List
- Highest Sales Volume of any real estate franchise in North America
- More than 300 classes and continuing education programs available 24/7

Contact me for more information or set up an interview

Michael Pham
Coldwell Banker Platinum Group
San Jose, CA
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 11, 2011
Call me at 408-426-1441 to setup interview.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 11, 2011
Hi Adrian,
I completey agree with my respected colleague Grace she pretty much spelled it out for you. if it is a one deal for a client then the best, smartest and easiest thing to do is refer it. If you are moving to the area and after you get a Cal. license pick a Bokerage that will continue to educate you and assist you with prospecting and with what works in this area.
Good luck to you,
DRE# 01397256
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 11, 2011
Adrian Chu,

You should talk with our Team Leader, Jim Myrick 408-836-5375 at Keller Williams. He offers a free consultation to help you make your career decision. You can tell him I sent you. I was licensed in WA for 3 years so if you want to discuss the differences between the states feel comfortable to contact me.

All the best to you.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 11, 2011

Assuming you now have a California broker or salesperson license, you would be welcome in almost any real estate brokerage in California. Unfortunately, as you have not completed any transactions here in California nor are familiar with our title procedures or contracts nor the various disclosures here in the different cities, you will need to start all over again as if you were a brand new agent until you understand the intricacies of each city.

If you are only looking to join a California brokerage to transact the one deal for your client here in California, it is simply not an ideal situation since you may be licensed in the state and be employed, but still no nothing about the market here or the various areas. It will be as ineffective as if I were to try to sell a home in Seattle to a client--it makes more sense to let a local agent handle a deal out of state.

Again, if you are contemplating a move here to California, get your license first and then brokers will come to you! Then plan to start from scratch for at least the first year to get acquainted with the area, the market, the disclosures, procedures and contracts.

Good luck,
Grace Morioka
Area Pro Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 11, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer