Foreclosure in 85257 : Real Estate Advice

change location

cancel or


Dan Tabit, Real Estate Pro in Issaquah, WA
Dan Tabit answered:
my house is in foreclosure, my ex wife filed bankruptcy, and mortgage company will not work with me because i am not the primary on mortgage
Time to talk to an attorney. They can tell you your rights and options and maybe able to negotiate with your ex if you can't.
0 votes Share Flag Tue Nov 10, 2015 Foreclosure in 85257
Kimberly Wang…, Real Estate Pro in Scottsdale, AZ
Kimberly Wang Small answered:
I filed chapter 7 in 2008, my husband did not. The mortgage co. discharged both of us from the loan. Is he still liable for the mortgage?
Absolutely consult your attorney. Should you need a referral please feel free to contact me.
I have a amazing real estate attorney!
0 votes Share Flag Fri Nov 7, 2014 Foreclosure in 85257
Jennie Miller…, Real Estate Pro in Phoenix, AZ
Jennie Miller, Pllc answered:
If my ex-husband files bankruptcy what happens to the loan and house? The mortgage loan is solely in his name, but house was Quit Claimed to me.
There could be a lot of moving parts to your scenario so you should speak with an attorney about this so that you have an answer that will protect your best interests.
0 votes Share Flag Wed Oct 15, 2014 Foreclosure in 85257
Eric Clyne, Real Estate Pro in Phoenix, AZ
Eric Clyne answered:
Why won't an agent work with someone who owns his home and wants to sell and invest or buy a foreclosure?
I would think if you own the home free and clear it would make the process a little easier. Reasons for
agents not wanting to work with you could be future financing issues, location ... more
0 votes Share Flag Thu Apr 24, 2014 Foreclosure in 85257
James Wehner, Real Estate Pro in Scottsdale, AZ
James Wehner answered:
Me ex husband wants to file bankruptcy. He says he can do this without it affecting me. Is this true?
As the others have mentioned, you will need to consult with your attorney and accountant. Everyone's situation is different. You will need legal and financial advice regarding your spec ... more
0 votes Share Flag Fri Jan 4, 2013 Foreclosure in 85257
Cristine Orz…, Real Estate Pro in Colorado Springs, CO
Cristine Orzel answered:
Ex quit claimed property after child support contacted him, then sues over property division because I won't close case. Is QC legal?
all a quit claim is is the release of equity position in the property but does not absolve from note (financial) obligation from the lender
need to ask an attorney re: legalities
0 votes Share Flag Tue Nov 1, 2011 Foreclosure in 85257
Terri Vellios, Real Estate Pro in Campbell, CA
Terri Vellios answered:
I quit claimed our home, then me and my husband divorced before he declared bankruptcy. Home is now in foreclosure. Am I liable?
This is a legal question which should be answered by your Divorce attorney and possibly a real estate attorney.

Generally a quit claim only relieves any ownership claim to the prop ... more
0 votes Share Flag Tue Mar 22, 2011 Foreclosure in 85257
Jason Whaley, Real Estate Pro in Mesa, AZ
Jason Whaley answered:
'if my recent ex husband files for bankrupcy and our house is in forclosure, how does this affect me?
It depends if you are on the note or not. If not, no worries, if you are, it is already in foreclosure so you would be accountable for the missed payment and a possible deficiency. Chec ... more
0 votes Share Flag Mon Nov 8, 2010 Foreclosure in 85257
Search Advice


Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Arizona > Maricopa County > Scottsdale > 85257 > Foreclosure in 85257
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer