80201 : Advice

change location

cancel or


Marina Gorbo…, Real Estate Pro in 80112
Marina Gorbounov answered:
a company wants to rent a home from me and give me a w9.
If you will receive more than $600 in rents from them, they will have to issue a 1099 at the end of the year and you have to claim this income on your tax return. You would need to do a ... more
0 votes Share Flag Wed Oct 29, 2014 Rental Basics in 80201
phatty42, Home Owner in Des Moines, IA
phatty42 answered:
I asked my landlord to complete a W-9 form so that I could file an IRS form 1099 for the rent I paid him. He refused to fill out the form. What now?
I am a CPA and concur with the answer several people wrote - if you are paying the rent in the course of your business, then you report it in Box 3 of the 1099-MISC. If you are just ren ... more
0 votes Share Flag Wed Jan 22, 2014 Rental Basics in 80201
Robert McGui…, Real Estate Pro in Denver, CO
Robert McGuire answered:
Need information from landlord to write off a home office.

This is a good question for your accountant or tax professional. you should also check with your company to see if they will intervene since they are the ones who need the i ... more
0 votes Share Flag Thu May 9, 2013 Rental Basics in 80201
Bill Pearson, Real Estate Pro in Denver, CO
Bill Pearson answered:
I am renting my condo to and individual and his Employer is paying the rent. Am I required to complete a Form W-9 to his employer?

I agree with the other answers and you need to reach out to a CPA. If you need a suggestion I would be happy to suggest a couple. Best of luck with the situation!

Bill Pea ... more
0 votes Share Flag Tue Apr 16, 2013 Rental Basics in 80201
BOB GORDON, Real Estate Pro in Boulder, CO
BOB GORDON answered:
I am renting my town home, do I need to give my tenants a tax form? What form is that?
I can recommend a good CPA; YOU may want to explore a K-1 as part of your ownership strategy. This would relate to taxes. - Bob Gordon www.BoulderRealEstateNews.com
0 votes Share Flag Thu Feb 21, 2013 Rental Basics in 80201
Debbie OBrien, Real Estate Pro in 11050
Debbie OBrien answered:
Is it legal to ask for an extra sercurity deposit after 3yrs?
It is not illegal but is uncommon to collect additional security. Ask your landlord if your security deposit is currently being held in an interest bearing account. Ask why the landlor ... more
0 votes Share Flag Thu Jan 17, 2013 Rental Basics in 80201
Chris Conway, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA
Chris Conway answered:
Looks like "Market View" data incorrect: the "Market Trends" data shows Denver ~30% down, not 0% y-o-y
Hi James-

We did indeed have an error in the year-over-year percentage changes displayed on this page, which we corrected this week. The y-o-y percentage change for median sales pri ... more
0 votes Share Flag Fri Oct 24, 2008 Market Conditions in 80201
Search Advice


Email me when…

Learn more

Meet the Trulia VIPs
Karina Podlesny, Broker in Denver
Karina Podlesny
Zach Zaleski, Agent in Denver
Zach Zaleski
Jon R Roberts, Broker in Denver
Jon R Roberts
Matt Barry, Agent in 81657
Matt Barry
Home > Colorado > Denver County > Denver > 80201
Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer