Bremen High School

School Overview


15203 Pulaski Ave

Midlothian, IL 60445

(708) 371-3600

School Website

View map


Grades: 9 - 12

School Type: Public

Student Enrollment: 1,430

Students Per Teacher: 14

Parent Reviews

12 Parent Reviews for Bremen High School

Bremen HS is known for its pride, but not its academics. At Bremen, freshmen are already placed in AP classes that cannot be compared to other school's Advanced Placement classes (usually only for jrs and srs) due to the low standards. Students get points for reading the syllabus or turning in a parent ...  Read more

Posted by a parent on 09/20/13

i want my comments about bremen removed immediately. the staff is helping my children every way possible.there were some problems, but the school is helping us thru them.

Posted by a parent on 08/13/13

I graduated from Bremen a few years ago, it wasn't a bad school at all. It always seemed underfunded, but the staff was mostly great and they did a good job with what was given. Like any school you take out what you put in. If a student wants to be great and succeed then they will. I am reading reviews ...  Read more

Posted by a student on 02/25/12

I hated this school!! There was a lot of bullying and the education was very easy. I was very happy when my parents moved to the Lincoln-Way School District in the middle of my freshman yr. The Lincoln-Way School District did not know were to place me because they said, "I was 3-4 yrs behind in education." ...  Read more

Posted by a student on 09/04/11

2nd son just graduated. I have nothing but high praises for 95% of the staff. They were wonderful to my child. They were kind, concerned caring professionals. The other 5%...well no school is perfect! There are always bad apples in the bunch. I would recommend this school to anyone. If your child ...  Read more

Posted by a parent on 05/30/11

This school is a joke my son was an honor student all four years and never brought home a book. He went to junior college where he did not test high enough to enroll in college credited classes he had to take lower leve education with no credits first. This school brings its standrad down to meet the ...  Read more

Posted by a parent on 09/30/10

My daughter will be graduating this May. She is a good student, she works very hard and has no disciplinary issues whatsoever. I think Bremen does a pretty good job in preparing the kids for college that want to learn. this fall she will be attending university and I am confident she will do just fine. ...  Read more

Posted by a parent on 04/01/09

My son is a junior and he has done great at this school. He has done well in all his classes. The teachers have been wonderful in keeping me up to date. There seems to be great school spirit. My son really has enjoyed the last three years.

Posted by a parent on 11/10/08

My daughter went to Bremen and did very well. Was on NHS and never had any discipline problems. It was when she took her tests to enter college when we discovered she was way behind the other students. She had to take summer courses before she could start her classes in the fall. Bremen needs to ...  Read more

Posted by a parent on 04/28/08

This school is currently under early academic warning and it's no wonder. The majority of the teachers, counselors and admin most likely chose this career for the summer and additional time off (christmas, spring and numerous holidays) This school is in bad shape. It is obvious they only care about ...  Read more

Posted by a parent on 04/24/08

Have a question about schools? Ask it at Trulia Voices. See more reviews at

School Profile for Bremen High School

Test scores
Test scores for Bremen High School

PSAE* Test Scores

Grade Level: 11

Test Year: 2012
Bremen High School
Bremen Chsd 228
* In 2011-2012 Illinois used the Prairie State Achievement Examination (PSAE) to test students in grade 11 in reading, math and science. The PSAE is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Illinois. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Homes for sale near Bremen High School

3636 148th Pl 3636 148th Pl
  2 ba
3757 148th St 3757 148th St
4 br  2 ba
15229 Hamlin Ave 15229 Hamli...
3 br  1 ½ ba
14635 Kildare Ave 14635 Kilda...
3 br  2 ba
3618 147th Pl 3618 147th Pl
3 br  2 ba
14949 Terrace Ln 14949 Terra...
3 br  1 ba
Nearby Schools
Charts and Data
Midlothian schools — Bremen High School is located at 15203 Pulaski Ave, Midlothian IL 60445. 15203 Pulaski Ave is in the 60445 ZIP code in Midlothian, IL The school district for Bremen High School is the Bremen Chsd 228. Bremen High School is a Public school that serves grade levels 9 - 12.
School information provided by GreatSchools. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer