Owner / Broker
July 2009 - present
• Meet with potential clients to determine their housing needs.
• Prepare Buyer Agency Agreement.
• Review current property listings based on each client’s requirements.
• Present listings to clients and set up property showings as desired.
• Provide additional property information to client as requested.
• Provide clients with Comparative Market Analysis on properties they may be interested in making offers on to help them determine a reasonable offering price.
• Prepare purchase offers for presentation to Listing Agent.
• Negotiate with Listing Agent to complete purchase agreements.
• Work with client’s attorney to assist with closing process.
• Coordinated important dates as outlined in Purchase & Sales Contracts to ensure that everything was completed in a timely manner.
• Review closing documents with client’s attorney for accuracy.
Azalea Management & Leasing, Inc.
December 2006 - present
• Filed exchange paperwork
o Filed within 45 days following the transfer of relinquished property
o Coordinated filings based on exchange rules regarding number of properties allowed to be designated as replacement properties per relinquished property
o Identified replacement properties and analyzed the most efficient use of amount of exchange funds available to estimated purchase price of replacement properties
o Sent Replacement Property Identification forms to exchange intermediary
• Purchase & Sales contracts
o Worked closely with attorney to draft
o Reviewed for accuracy and completeness
• Completed Assignment of Purchase & Sales Contract Agreements as necessary
• Provided financial institutions with documentation to support loan application process
• Coordinated important dates as outlined in Purchase & Sales Contracts to ensure that everything was completed in a timely manner
• Assisted in reviewing properties during due diligence period
o Reviewed existing leases
o Determined monthly rental rates to prorate current month rents due at closing
o Determined security deposits to be transferred at time of closing
o Analyzed any outstanding balances on existing tenant accounts
• Accounted for exchange funds on deposit with exchange intermediary
o Coordinated earnest money deposits
• Completed additional exchange paperwork at time of closings
o Relinquishment and Replacement Property Assignments
o Settlement Agent Designation Form
• Reviewed and coordinated Closing Documents with Mr. Ricker’s attorney for accuracy
o Loan documents based on initial loan information sheets provided by bank
o Deeds of Trust and Security Agreement
o Certificates of Resolution
o Subordination Non-Disturbance and Attornment Agreement
o Closing Statements to verify information
Proration of current month rents
Transfer of security deposits
• Coordinated transfer of funds from various sources at time of closing
o From exchange balance with exchange intermediary
o From new loans obtained through bank financing
o Additional Buyer’s funds as necessary
• Compute and analyze property cash flow projections to determine continued investment viability
• Calculate year-end Common Area Maintenance (CAM) reconciliations to be billed to tenants at each shopping center
o This includes:
Analyzing new leases to determine tenant’s pro rata share as well as what items should be charged to them
Reviewing any lease modifications for changes to reconciliation process
• Prepare annual property budgets, including estimated monthly CAM estimates to be billed to tenants
• Prepare monthly cash flow statements and distribution analysis for utilization in the business
• Work closely with attorney to update existing lease templates for various property types
• Review leases during preparation process to ensure accuracy prior to being submitted to potential tenant for signature
• Audit existing leases for accuracy with regard to monthly billing and year-end CAM reconciliations
• Communicate with tenants regarding past due accounts and questions regarding account balances
• Preparation of year-end personal financial statement
• Supervision of internal Lease Administrator position.
Donaghy Real Estate
December 2000 - present
Compute and analyze property cash flow projections to determine viability for investment. Prepare purchase offers for presentation to sellers. Negotiate with sellers to complete purchase agreements. Present investment opportunities to potential investors. Prepare documentation necessary to process loan applications and present to financial institutions for obtaining loans for investments. Represent company at closings for purchases and refinances. Monitor rehabilitation process - to include assisting in planning and budgeting for work necessary to prepare property for rent or sale along with monitoring of budget to actual expenditures. Prepare materials to present to potential tenants or purchasers and schedule viewings. Negotiate contracts with new tenant or purchaser. Analyze rental applications and perform financial and background checks. Manage rental properties – collect rental income and deposit into proper bank account, pay bills, field tenant problems, etc. Maintain financial system – including data entry of income and expense information, preparation of financial reports to be distributed to investors, updating files for end or year closeout and preparation of information to be submitted to tax accountant.
Director of Agency Fiscal Operations
State of Vermont Agency of Human Services
June 2003 - November 2006
Plan, organize, monitor and administer activities related to the authorization of, obligation of, or acceptance of a complex mix of federal funds for the Agency of Human Services. Ensure all expenditures and revenues are in accordance with applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and appropriations to facilitate the effective utilization of all federal funds available to the Agency and it’s departments. Make decisions regarding the reporting and draw down of federal funds using federally accepted standards. Ensure that all federal funds are earned, accounted for, drawn into the State’s accounts, and meet all federal and state requirements to avoidance federal disallowances or a negative impact to the State’s cash flow. Interact on a daily basis with Agency Business Managers and Financial Services Directors, as well as central office and department finance staff, regarding proper accounting of expenditures and receipts, cost allocation, budget issues, federal and state regulations, financial system (VISION) reporting, etc. Develop, implement, and modify financial management systems in conformance with changes in regulations and laws. Provide guidance and consultative services to departmental staff for federal receipts earnings as compared to budgets; expenditures to spending authority; VISION reporting; and federal regulations. Assist in the preparation and implementation of the $1 Billion Agency and departmental budgets. Oversight and coordination of the annual closeout process to bring each year’s budget to conclusion - to include negotiations with departments regarding cash needed to cover expenditures, the management of $700 Million in transfers from federal holding account to departmental appropriations and to provide information to State Finance regarding Agency closeout issues. Interact with federal officials periodically when cost allocation revisions are proposed, federal reports are reviewed, or the CMIA agreement is reviewed or updated. Meet with federal financial managers as necessary to insure compliance with federal requirements and to maximize effective use of federal funds. Facilitate in the implementation of new cost allocation database.