Gloria Zastko Realtors (R)
September 2001 - present
Having been a 14 year resident of North Brunswick and with 80% of my sales coming from this hometown of mine, I decided that rather fighting a never ending uphill battle in competing with this office, that I should join them :) Well as I mentioned before, this proved to be the best move of my career. Since I've always been very active in my community here in North Brunswick as is the company, and with long term friendships already forged it was the "Perfect Combination" for Gloria & Andrew Zastko and myself. From here I've seen how the power of an incredible award winning marketing machine & team that can truly give a lesson in marketplace dominance and exceptional customer service/satisfaction. We all share both wisdom, creatvitiy and most important of all experience in strategizing how to best serve our clients and our community at large. Those strategies have proven beneficial for all of us. When joining this 1st class team Zastko's office would normally outsell and close the nearest competitors in our town by margins of 4 to 1 monthly and annually (year after year). We now on average outsell them by margins of 7 to somestimes 10-1. Yes that means we sell seven to ten homes to the closest competitor's one sale. That's an incredible feat/accomplishment! What's even more astonishing is that this office has never been surpassed in sales for even 1 month since the doors opened over 18 years ago. As Gloria and Andrew state "Becoming #1 is not easy, staying there is even tougher". How do we do it? Quite simply the office believes in and practices all of the aforementioned principles that I've personally incorporated into my service to clients and business that have brought me success thus far. We believe in "specialization", knowledge of the market and listing inventory. We listen to the buyers and know where the market truly is. We match their needs to the existing or newly arriving inventory. Becuase we control such a significant portion of the listing inventory buyers come to us first. And because we KNOW the market and what pricing and features work, sellers are better prepared to price their homes at the market level that buyers are willing to purchase at. In a turbulent market such as today's most of our sellers are also smart enough to not gamble with the average listing agent who will tell them what they want to hear and then let them down later. Hence our even increased market shares and exceeding of our own lofty goals. One of our slogans is: "While others may list homes... we SELL Homes!" and "The PROOF is in the CLOSINGS". Additionally, Gloria & Andrew's 60 years of combined real estate experience and professionalism is the model that all of our associates follow. They are also the model of integrity and honesty. I once heard a great definition of integrity. It' was phrased in the form of a question. The question being: "If everybody did this, would it be a good thing and a benefit to our society?" I believe the 10,000+ clients and repeat clients we've served in all of our combined careers have already answered with an affirmative "YES". We look forward to convincing you of the same someday soon :)
Remax Properties Unlimited/ Remax of Princeton
June 2000 - September 2001
Some mutual Friends and colleagues from Coldwell Banker decided to try their hand at ownership/partnership of a Remax franchise in the same town that we've all been marketing in/from. Since they were great agents as well and we all were used to the same creative marketing and selling styles, I decided to join them in their new venture. Unfortunately our short lived but higly successful team broke up because of personal differences between owners. The core split and went separate ways. Hence so did I. Which then led me to the best real estate move of my career- joining Gloria Zastko Realtors(R)
Schlott Realty & Coldwell Banker Schlott/residential Brokerage
November 1990 - June 2000
Recognizing the need to be located in Middlesex County (my primary area of real estate expertise) I decided to make a career move to Schlott Realty later aquired by Coldwell Banker Residential (Both among the most successful independently owned real estate companies in the US) . It was during my stayhere that not only did I hone and perfect my marketing skills but also was with the company who was the first to really effectively develop succesful internet marketing strategies and exceptional usage of technology in servicing their clients. Many of which I've seen duplicated by other companies and even Realtor.com & web based MLS systems. Having been there on the ground floor uniquely prepared me for the new technology future and age that we now live in and sell in. The basic databasing of clients and their needs/goals coupled with effective and timely follow up that I learned there is another cornerstone of my business and success today. During my 10 year tenure at the South Brunswick office of the now Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage I was the recipient of numerous annual sales awards both for the local office as well as International sales awards. It was also here at this office that I and my clients benefitted from Coldwell Banker Schlott's open office policy. As a result I was able to make myself and my customers feel right at home in any of the 100's of offices throghout New Jersey. And I could service and sell clients in and from any location that they wanted. And I did :)
Century 21 Worden & Crivello
February 1988 - November 1990
In Dec of 1987 when the owners of this office (Ken Worden & Tom Crivello) saw my "outside the box" & "go the extra mile" style of marketing they began earnest efforts to recruit me to work at their office. Being already in the Century 21 system I knew them only for their reputation as being the #1 producing Century 21 office in the state of New Jersey of over 200 offices in the state. They said that they saw something in me that sparked to recruit me. After much persuasion on their part I made one of the best moves of my career. It was here that I learned the importance of:
1) Marketable listings are the name of the game
2) when you have good listings you will attract more buyers than you can handle and weed out lookers from real buyers
3) and the more marketable listings you have the more chances of selling your own listings. Which because of emplying that principle I'm now one of the highest selling agents in NJ in selling my own listings (significantly higher than local national averages)
4) mainitaining a high level of marketable listings also puts an agent in the unique position of seeing and feeling market condition changes long before others do and months before the media reports on those changes. My clients get to know as soon as they occur and get to make informed decisions based on that information.
5) It was here at this office that I learned the business of selling New Homes Communities. Learning the importance of guiding developers through the confusing waters of changing markets and delivering housing products and pricing where the buyers the buyers would buy their homes, and how to accentuate the advantages of purchasing their homes. I've been involved in everything from initial land aquisition, development approval and zoning, community design/layout, model homes layout designs, standard and upgrade features, correct pricing (where the market is) from birth to completion of succefull New Homes Developments. During my time there I succesfully sold and closed over $11 million in in new homes sales in1990 which was one of the worst markets in a lifetime. I also helped several exisiting community developers as well sell out their stagnated and slow sales communities by employing creative marketing, incentives & financing to get their projects sold out. I now use that experience to benefit New Homes Buyers (helping them decide where the best values & communities are and how to watch out for the many pitfalls & risks that are associated with a New Constructed Home purchase) and New Home Builders to deliver the best products and incentives to meet their goals and create happy homeownership experiences for their purchasers.
All of the above mentioned principles contributed to my becoming the #1 listing and selling agent for the #1 Century 21 office in New Jersey during the turbulent market years of 1989 & 1990. It also helped me expand my overall marketplace knowledge Into new areas of Hillsborough, Montgomery, Princeton, Bridgewater, Raritan, Bound Brook and Hunterdon & Warren Counties. All of which I still know and successfully market today. I'm grateful to both Ken & Tom for playing a key role in my successful career in real estate in such a short amount of time.
Century 21 JJ Lauffer
May 1986 - February 1988
Here's where I started my real estate career. In Downtown Highland Park,NJ. I specialized in Highland Park,Edison, Metuchen, Woodbridge, Somerset & All of the Brunswicks and still do. This is where I began my outside the box and separate myself from the crowd marketing strategies. Which are now far advanced from those days. The things I remember most from there were: 1) You have to love what you do or this business or you will be gone 2) No market lasts forever! Any market can change OVERNITE. It's how you react to those changes when they come and the guidance you provide your clients that are the keys to success in any market 3) Go the extra mile for your customers. It's written "If a man compels you to go one mile, then go with him 2" I emcompass that philosophy into everything I do. From finalizing final pre-closing walk through issues at 1AM in the morning, to meeting fire inspectors at 7Am on unoccupied homes for sellers who moved out of the area or even the country to make sure that we close on time. To whole different slew of whatever it takes (From my Marine Corps days) to satisfy my clients and get sales closed. As well as free services that have nothing to do with real estate closings like property tax appeals and more... All of these actions have not only rewarded me with great self satisfaction but also the biproducts of long term friendships and plenty of referrals and repeat business. Another cornerstone of by business. And fourthly I learned early on: "Put service first (not money)... the money will follow....Those who chase after money first will never have it and will soon be gone"