Senior Credit & Collections Analyst, Temporary Assignment through Spherion
Siemens Building Technologies, Inc., Fire Safety, Florham Park NJ
March 2008 - October 2008
• Placed collection calls to customers and perform related follow up activities such as reconciliation, credit adjustments, bad debt write-offs, refunds, and customer notification.
• As a team member, negotiated the collection of past due accounts, thereby reduced the over 90 days accounts receivable balances by 16.6%.
• Maintained accuracy, integrity & completeness of the AR portfolio by resolving billing disputes & correcting past due monies.
• Prepared 8 accounts receivable reports and DSO monthly reports for senior management review.
• Initiated and maintained harmonious relationships with customers, field and headquarter personnel whose working relationships and concerns are essential in achieving credit and collection department goals.
• Created user manuals to perform month end duties and accounts receivable job functions.
• Good documentation skills and able to maintain notes in SAP.
Accounts Receivable Specialist
Coty US LLC, Mt. Olive, NJ
June 1999 - August 2007
• Prepared journal entries to adjust advertising, properly record billing and apply cash in JD Edwards.
• Served on an interdepartmental team to implement a budget vs. actual advertising/marketing expenditure tracking system, thereby improving budget controls and reporting.
• Tracked co-op advertising and promotional spending of $3 million.
• Reconciled the Accounts Receivable Trade Account representing $50 million.
• Prepared reporting and analysis of monthly Trade Spend activity for month-end close.
• Prepared 10 accounts receivable reports and prepared 20 DSO monthly reports for senior management review.
• Verified that advertisements ran as scheduled by reviewing co-op chargeback run dates.
• Negotiated the collection of past due accounts, thereby reduced the overall advertising deductions by 60% and aging from 360 days to 70 days.
• Collect from accounts when chargebacks exceed the budgeted spending agreements. Frequent contact with the Collection Department, New York Sales Office, buyers, and accounts payable departments.