Trulia, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

Driving in San Francisco

Posted by Trulia, San Francisco, CA Fri Jul 27, 2012

What are the pros and cons to owning a car in San Francisco? What are some alternatives to owning a car in San Francisco?

Comments

I don't live in SF but we do frequent it for both biz and pleasure. In fact Janis and I walked from Fishermans Warf right up that crooked little street all the way to the Haight (about 7 miles I think but a local would be able to answer much better than me).

That stated, in the dozens of trips we've made to SF we only rented a car once. On our first visit and that was the last time. There are sooooo many modes of very viable, economical and fun ways to travel SF. It is definitely one of the best walking cities in the World as I submit this comment from Paris which is probably the #1 walking city in the World. But then you have to love to walk which we do.
1 vote Flag Sat Jul 28, 2012
I totally agree, you do not need a car in SF! I have lived here 5 whopping years without one, and from cabs, muni, bart and trolleys I have gotten around just fine! All of my friends who do drive complain of parking tickets, lack of parking spaces or expensive paid parking spaces.
Flag Mon Jul 30, 2012
Search Advice
Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer