brigidrichar…, Home Buyer in Sonoma, CA

The Dominican University Neighborhood

Posted by brigidrichards, Sonoma, CA Sat Nov 9, 2013

I live in Marin County's hub, a Garden of Eden in a world famous county. Our weather's wonderful, we're on the San Francisco Bay, right next to a very walkable downtown, and we use our local, neighbor-friendly Dominican University to make our suburban life more urban. For example, I attend timely lectures with speakers like Michel Pollan, Al Gore, and Billy Collins. Yes, many of us are aging hippy liberals, but there's a growing Latino and youth population that add excitement, great restaurants, and good music to my life. There's a local Farmer's Market, a Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Civic Center, and an art theater with a film festival and independently made movies. We're a half hour north of San Francisco, south of wine country, east of the ocean, and west of Berkeley. Yep, the center of the universe! You could surf in the Pacific Ocean and go skiing in the Sierra Mts. on the same day, though you'd have to be a lot younger and quicker than I am. There's only one problem and that is, I can't think of any place I'd rather be, so I don't travel as much as I could!

Search Advice
Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer