Danniellehow…, Other/Just Looking in

If you want a community that you can get involved in with your friends and family, I highly recommend The Woodlands, TX.

Posted by Danniellehowells, Mon Nov 11, 2013

There is always an event happening in the woodlands on the weekends as well as the weekdays. Market Street is a wonderful place to visit, there isn’t only food, shopping and movies, but live music. They do a concert in the park a few times a month. Also, the restaurants in The Woodlands, TX are great! Personally I love Hubbell & Hudson Kitchen as well as The Black Walnut, and since it is Texas Mama J’s BBQ is another great place for food, family fun, dancing and entertainment. The number of restaurants are constantly growing out here, and the food is always getting better and better.
Right now they have construction on Research Forest, so it would be best not to live or work right off of this street at the moment, however there are plenty of back roads to get around. There are also a lot of schools out here as well. If you need to commute into Houston, Texas there is a Park & Ride that will take you there.
The community is well planned out and it feels safe. My husband, dog & I personally take advantage of the great biking and hiking trails that run along the city. They also have great dog parks. My favorite one is Cattail Park. They also have a soccer field there, a playground, and tennis & basketball courts. Another great thing at Cattail park is they do have facilities if you need to use the restroom.
Also, the Cynthia Woods Pavilion is a great place for entertainment and this place is right across from the Market Street. They have a lot of concerts, and a few times a year there are free Orchestras. There are so many more places for fun and activities, such as Lakeshore Park where they have free concerts and Festivals as well as a place to go Rowing. The Woodlands also has a ton of clubs such as their running club and rowing clubs.
The Marriott on the Waterway has a lot of great events such as the Taste of the Town, and recently they have held their Masquerade Gala with iGoPink to raise awareness for Breast Cancer.
If you want a community that you can get involved in with your friends and family, I highly recommend The Woodlands, TX.

Search Advice
Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer