Monique, Renter in Orlando, FL

Glitter In the Ghetto

Posted by Monique, Orlando, FL Thu Nov 14, 2013

The Millenia area has mixed atmospheres. The area was formerly a very poor, and if I must say, ghetto area. To accommodate the ever growing tourism in Orlando, the area was bought out and the Mall at Millenia and surrounding attractions and restaurants. In regards to living in the area, don't. There are shootings, domestic disputes, and more, left and right in the apartment complexes in the area. Never live here. That said, the attractions/entertainment in the area is tourist focused so if you like to indulge in that even as a local, you might find some of it worth going to. The Mall at Millenia is a nice mall. Over priced with mostly designer stores, but sometimes it is nice to shop in the lap of luxury. If you don't want to spend a lot but still love designer brands, the Outlets on the other side of I-4 are where you want to go. Not the ones by Disney; those are expensive. The ones on Vineland near Mall at Millenia have a lot of high end brand products at a good discount price. For restaurants? BJ's Brewhouse is AMAZING. Try their deep dish pizza. You won't regret it. There's also Keke's. I haven't been to the one by the Mall at the Millenia, but I have been to the one in Winter Part and the food is delicious (breakfast food for reference). The great thing is that the Millenia area is just a hop, skip and a jump from Universal Studios, so if you are a local and splurge for a Florida park pass that gives you access to BOTH parks, it can be a lot of fun. Spend half the day at the park, the other half shopping, then grab a bit at a restaurant by the mall (like BJ's) or go back to City Walk at Universal and enjoy some Margaritaville or Emeril's. It's a good area to get the "tourist fun" with out having it be all Disney.

Search Advice
Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer