Successful Showings and Open Houses
Posted by Nickie Sherwood, North Port, FL
Thu Nov 29, 2012
1) When preparing your home, think about the interior decorating ideas used to show builder's model homes and how you would be wowed if you were the potential buyer.
2) Remember the pointers from "First Impressions" checklist, especially regarding cleanliness, clutter and repairs-interior and exterior.
3) Open drapes and light lamps including those in closets, basement, or attic- creating a light, cheerful and calm environment as possible.
4) Make the potential buyer feel welcome by filling candy dishes and putting out fresh flowers.
1) Make the beds; put away clothes and toys.
2) Turn the blinds so slats are uniformly open and don't forget to put on light if room is dark.
1) Put out a clean hand toweel, fresh soap and clean soap dish, and make sure there is a full box of tissues.
2) Put the toilet lid down.
3) Potpourri dish can provide a nice sight and scent.
1) Put away all dishes and discreetly conceal countertop articles.
2) Simmer a few drops of vanilla on stove for a relaxing fragrance.
1) Arrange an inviting centerpiece and turn on the lights/chandelier.
2) Consider setting the table with fine china and linen.
1) Straighten pictures on walls and wipe all tabletops.
2) Fluff and arrang couch cushions and throw pillows.
3) Dispose of old newspapers and drink containers.
4) Light fireplace in winter.
1) When exiting just before buyers arrive, turn around at the front door and review the "First Impression" checklist. What is the first thing that catches your eye from that viewpoint? Will it help or hinder the appearance of your home?
2) Notify your neighbors of scheduled open house days. You never know if they have friends or family that are in the market for a home.