Giving Consumers and Agents the Inside Scoop On the Go
As we near the end of 2012, it’s time to reflect on what happened this year: our accomplishments and the things we hope to achieve in the year ahead. It’s been a big year for mobile at Trulia–with new app launches, upgrades, and amazing growth–both on the user and agent side. We’ve created strong relationships with our partners and have been featured by Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Amazon for major product announcements this year.
We kicked off 2012 with 7 mobile apps complimenting our mobile website. In the last 12 months, we’ve doubled that, ending the year with 14 apps across several platforms including iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, and Windows 8 for desktop and tablets. To keep up with mobile growth, we expanded our mobile team by 50%. We saw a 129% YoY increase in mobile visitors in Q3, and on weekends, more than a third of our usage is via mobile. As a result of our dedication to mobile products, our users spent 307,154,216 minutes on Trulia mobile in Q3 of this year—the equivalent of 584 years*!
Here’s the inside scoop on what happened this year for Trulia mobile:
– Organizes listings by recency
– Sends push notifications when new listings hit the market
– Helps real estate agents connect with transaction-ready mobile consumers via first dedicated mobile advertising platform for real estate professionals
– Allows agents to purchase display advertising and generate phone leads from consumers
– Includes immediate lead notifications and listing check-ins
– Helps agents manage client lists and respond to leads from anywhere
Crime Maps and Trulia Estimates Integrated into Trulia’s iPad App
– Allows consumers to incorporate crime heatmap layers into their search
– Displays Trulia Estimates on more than 50 million off-market homes, townhomes, and condos in nearly 500 counties across the country
– Empowers consumers by providing personalized mortgage quotes directly from real lenders, in real time
– Comes complete with online educational guides
Enhanced Portfolio of Kindle Fire HD Apps
– Takes advantage of the Kindle Fire HD’s mapping and location-based features
Launched Windows 8 Tablet and Desktop Application
– Allows consumers to scroll through beautiful HD photo galleries of places to live
– Notifies consumers when new listings hit the market or when property prices drop
Published Data on Trulia Agent Mobile Check-Ins
– Sunday is the busiest day for check-ins, as agents are touring open homes. Tuesday is the second busiest day, as agents are visiting brokers’ tours to see the new properties on the market
– The highest volume of mobile check-ins happens in Los Angeles, New York, and Chicago
Upgraded Our Google Maps Experience on Android
– Integrated more interactive maps into Trulia’s free Android app for mobile and tablets
– Leveraged the new Google Maps Android API which allows Trulia users to easily navigate 2D or 3D views of crime, school attendance zones, and nearby amenities like restaurants, gas stations, and grocery stores
As we continue to innovate and work closely with our partners, we’re able to stay on the mobile forefront, giving our consumers the best possible experience across all of our mobile products. Many of our mobile users found their dream home on the go, and needed to contact their real estate agent right away. Thanks to Trulia Mobile Ads, agents are able to connect with buyers as they search on their mobile devices.
Cheers to a successful 2012, and here’s to an even better 2013!
* According to Trulia internal Omniture data