Buying a home in Downtown Amarillo, TX can be a great choice for many families looking to relocate. The downtown area of Amarillo has more than 800 single-family residences, which includes the Plemons Eakle neighborhood; a prestigious Historic District. The entire area is diverse and has homes dating back to the early 1900s. Another good reason to buy a home in Downtown Amarillo is because a Strategic Action Plan was adopted by the City of Amarillo to outline a vision for the downtown urban area where people could live, play and work. The plan sets goals for the financial, business, and entertainment sectors of downtown. There are also plans to attract urban living.
Here are some of the key goals in the plan:
* Maintain Downtown Amarillo and the Panhandle as the financial, government and civic center for both areas.
* Attract development of urban lifestyle within downtown and adjacent areas.
* Develop 400 to 600 new housing units in the area.
* Reinforce key entertainment areas and a retail centers for the City to include cultural amenities, night clubs, cinema theaters, civic event, festivals, restaurants, and retail shopping.
* Create development support for the Civic Center with one or more quality hotels.
* Create an urban design open space to assure that Downtown Amarillo is a beautiful and comfortable area for residents and visitors with more focus on landscaping, parks, and public art.
* Attract family oriented venues, events and programs that will bring groups to the area such as a minor league ballpark and mixed use entertainment venues.
* Develop police and security programs to ensure public safety day and night.
* Attract more educational opportunities from higher education at West Texas, Amarillo ISD, Amarillo College, and Texas Tech.
With all these great plans in place, Downtown Amarillo is definitely a great place to buy a home.