Got Curb Appeal?By Sue Geurs and Laura Harvey, The Property Promoters, www.thepropertypromoters.com
Got Curb Appeal?Â
You know what they say about first impressions... The first thing a potential buyer sees is a visual of the home curbside. House hunters make up their mind within 10-15 seconds of pulling up to the curb whether to go into your home or not.Â Â You have to make an inviting impactÂ within seconds so don't neglect the outside of your home when it's time to put it on the market.Â How to get started?Â First step back and look at your home with the eye of a critical buyer and then follow our tips.
Tips to increase your home's curb appealÂ
- Replace a rusty mailbox with a new one that fits the look of your home
- Replace old, ugly or outdated house numbers
- Clean and replace where necessary, exterior light fixtures, and ensure maximum wattage to keep your home bright at night
- Remove security door or storm door
- Clean, paint or replace front door as necessary
- Cean, clean clean, clear out all cobwebs and get rid of any rust
- Clean door and windows, trim, porch steps railings,everything you view when looking at theÂ home, as necessary
- Clean or better yet replace the welcome matÂ you can always take it to your new home once you sell)
- Consider replacing outdated door hardwareÂ or hard ware that is inÂ poor shape.Â Ensure door hardware, kickplate number sign and mail box match.
- Make sure your landscaping is up to date, lawn mowed, bare spots covered, rock replaced were needed,Â everything needs to look fresh and new
- Powerwash the exterior of the house and drive way along with sidewalks or paths leading up to the home, any rust spots need to be removed
- Cracked or stained cement should be repaired
- Consider using plants at the entry wayÂ or fresh flowers in the window boxes to make the home more inviting
It can be hard to be objective about your own home, in fact once you have livedÂ in one place longer than 6 months you lose your own objectivity and that's where hiring a professional home stager can really pay off..
Staging your home can increase the value by thousands of dollars and staged homes sell faster in any market.Â Call Laura or Sue,
at 480-816-8899, we can help you with real estate enhancement and increase your property value!