1) Sunny again today, with temperatures in the mid 70s. Less breezy today. Clouds rolling in around sundown, with overnight temperatures in the low 60s.
2) Stop by the Falmouth Arts Center to check out two great exhibits featuring the work of local artists. Celebrate Buzzards Bay pays tribute to the body of water through pieces by Cape and mainland artists. Meanwhile, Monday Morning Painters highlights plein air, or outdoor, paintings by members of the Artists Guild. The Arts Center is open Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m. For more information, call (508) 540-3304, email email@example.com, or visit http://www.falmouthart.org.
3) Highfield Hall hosts another exhibit of plein air paintings, entitled Fresh Air. The works of a wide variety of local painters will be on display, highlighting the techniques they use to capture a scene despite shifting light and other variable conditions. Sunday hours are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., with a $5 suggested donation. For more, call (508) 495-1878, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit http://www.highfieldhall.org.
4) While you're at Highfield, take an Estate Walk, touring the grounds and learning about the history of the Bebbe family, who built Highfield in the 19th century. A docent will lead interested visitors around the building's beautifully maintained property, with its sunken garden and other features, and explain how and why the building was constructed, and what became of its sister mansion, Tanglewood. There's a $5 suggested donation, and the tour begins at 1 p.m., on the Highfield front porch.
5) This day in history: Octavian wins a decisive victory over the forces of Marc Antony and Cleopatra in the Battle of Actium (31 BC); the Great Fire of London begins (1666); and Japan surrenders, bringing an end to World War II (1945).
Brought to you by~Â Stevens & Manley RE