When buying or selling a home in Cleveland, Ohio, Â you can:
1. Go it alone and brave the real estate market by doing your own research and relying on what you might find on the internet
2. Choose a real estate professional who can aid the way and simplify the process by providing you with reliable data, negotiation skills, vendor referrals, foresee challenges and advise accordingly with proven expertise. The RIGHT real estate professional can give you peace of mind while saving you thousands of dollars and countless hours of time.
If you choose to work with a real estate professional you will need to decide the following:
1. Which brokerage you want to represent you
2. Which agent of that brokerage you will work with. Â Agents can either be individuals or several agents that work as one team.
In my eyes I want THE MOST RESOURCES for the BEST value.
If you choose the cheapest brokerage, likely they are NOT going to provide you FULL services. You get what you pay forâ€¦ On the buying side it costs you nothing out of pocket to work with an agent.
Working with a Team:
1. A team usually has different agents and admin that specialize in certain aspects of the process. Usually you have a listing specialist, buying specialist, first time home buyer specialist, new construction expert, an expired listing specialist, inspection pro, etc.Â Although many members may belong to the team you will likely have one point of contact for the entire process.Â Â You might be introduced to a closing transaction coordinator or admin to assist with minor details. Â If your main point of contact runs into a situation needing a specific expertise, they can bring in another team member. If your agent needs to be absent (vacation, hospitalized etc.) you will have another team member to pick up right where you left off.
â€œTogether We Achieve Moreâ€
2. Working with the team enables extreme efficiency. Â Once an agent gets a few listings and buyers itâ€™s hard for them to manage everything alone. Â Buyers get mixed up, sellers get pushed to the back burner, homes start to blend together, an assistant has to be added to the mix but really doesnâ€™t have the real estate license to do much beyond pushing papers. Â When team members have specific roles they can easily focus on the goals. Â A team can have one person devoted to marketing the home, a staff to enter data in the computer while the listing specialist can service listings. Â This ensures every client gets the maximum amount of attention they deserve, no short cuts are taken and no lead for our listings is unturned. Â Agents donâ€™t become â€œtoo busyâ€ to talk to you and can focus on what they need to achieve to get homes sold and keep clients satisfied!