Home > Blogs > California > Marin County > Greenbrae > Building a regional referral network

Hughes Estates Blog

Composed by Matt Hughes of Coldwell Banker and www.HughesEstates.com

By Matt Hughes | Agent in San Anselmo, CA

Building a regional referral network

I am a full time Realtor in Marin County, and I have been wanting to build a county-to-county network of agents that we can all benefit from. I try to maintain a web presence, actively blog, and am looking for like-minded real estate professionals in Northern California. More than one per region is acceptable for most counties, and we can leave it up to the referring agent to make the call.

I have experience with all types of real estate, including distressed properties and 2-4 unit buildings. I am also building more lending relationships, and am being offered buyers in areas I do not work. Let me know what you think, and if you have any interest in making each other money.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Comments

By Tom Matthews & Joanne Taranto,  Mon Mar 14 2011, 16:53
Matt:

Great post, but why limit yourself? You should also be building a national referral network as well. People are constantly moving from Boston to Cali. I really like your post. best
By John Souerbry,  Mon Mar 14 2011, 18:13
I agree with Tom/Joanne, I have a database of agents in several states that I share leads with. It's a pretty good idea to do it now, since there seems to be such an exodus of people out of California. If anyone outside California is reading this and wants to link-up, drop me a line.
However, to respond to your post, I'm also in the Bay Area but don't cross the Golden Gate or Richmond bridges into Marin. I'm strictly Silicon Valley, Orinda/Lafayette, and west Fairfield near the Napa County line (I live there on weekends, in Palo Alto during the week). Would be glad to discuss referral networking.
By Liz Mccarthy (415) 250-4929,  Mon Mar 14 2011, 20:06
Another great source for referrals is membership in a national organzition like Women's Council of Realtors. I've given a lot of referrals to agents I've met through netowrking at WCR events in person across the country.

Liz McCarthy
McGuire Real Estate
Top Producer
415-250-4929
Liz@BayAreaRealEstateSales.com
By Jane Grant,  Mon Mar 14 2011, 20:16
Matt: Just putting the word out there will help! Marin is a lovely place and if I hear of anyone needing Real Estate advice there I will pass your name along!
By John Souerbry,  Mon Mar 14 2011, 20:40
Liz - are there any men in the WCR? If not, I'd be a little offended if you passed me over as a referral candidate because of my gender.
By Matt Hughes,  Tue Mar 15 2011, 08:28
Thank you all. I have considered joining WCR, and plan to this year. I trust already established networks like WCR, but I also hope to forge ahead on my own and reach out to agents nationwide. I don't plan to "limit myself" as Tom and Joanne touched on, but diversify my networking potential.