March 20th, 2012
Charleston, South Carolina offers plentiful public services and a warm climate in an appealing coastal location. Residents can easily travel by air, sea, road or rail. The Census Bureau reports that Charleston's per capita income is substantially higher than the state average. For these and other reasons, many people look for homes in this city. The following tips can help you shop forÂ real estate in Charleston, SC:
1. Look at the trends. In a country that is going through a serious housing crisis, the average price of a home in Charleston, SC went up last year. The median price went up 3%. Whether this seems like a big number to you or not, compared to the rest of the country the Charleston area continues to be a safe housing investment.
2. Look for real estate with natural or artificial shade. Charleston, South Carolina skies remain sunny more often than not; shade will reduce your cooling costs and prevent sunburns. During South Carolina's long summer, you are sure to appreciate the benefits of a large tree or a gazebo.
3. ConsiderÂ real estate in Charleston, SCÂ in the historic district or a nearby neighborhood. It is known for attractive gardens, beautiful views and magnificent architecture. The real estate in this district is quite desirable, with many impressive multi-unit homes.
4. Look for a home with a deck. There isn't a more picturesque state on the eastern seaboard than South Carolina. A deck will not only enhance your living experience, it will raise the resell value of your home. People are drawn to the state because of its beauty and a deck ensures a person can sit outside and take it all in at any time.
5. Charleston is home to 120 parks, according to the city website. They cover about 1,500 acres. Try to find a home near at least one of them. It is always pleasant to live within walking distance of a park where you can relax and exercise. This real estate in Charleston, SC is even more attractive if you plan on having a family.
Brian F. Walsh
REALTORÂ® ABRÂ®, BPO
Carolina One Real Estate
49 Broad St.
Charleston, SC 29401
I really appreciate your referrals. If you have friends, family, a neighbor or associates in need of a Realtor'sÂ® professional services, please pass along my name and number. I am ready to help anytime!