Moving In Checklist:
There is a lot to do when you buy a new home and moving is a big chore.Â It can be easier on you if you do some planning prior to the move and make a moving in checklist.
Prior to the moving day
- Call the utility companies to be sure you have all utilities on for the moving day.Â
Most people think of the water and electricity, but many times a home
has gas and if this doesn't get turned on you may end up living in the
home without hot water or heat in the winter depending upon your
- When packing, clearly mark the boxes with the room the box should go into and whether it has fragile contents.
- If using a moving company, give yourself plenty of time to schedule
this in advance to insure you will get the dates most convenient for
- If you have possession of the home prior to moving day, go over and clean so that the home is ready for your move in.
- First, take a deep breath and try to relax.Â You will get through this.
- When you get to the home check to make sure the utilities have been connected.
- Check all the appliances and systems to make sure they are functioning properly.
- If using a moving van, make sure there is plenty of room for them to pull up to the home.
- During unloading, check to be sure all your belongings arrive and in good condition.
- Give the movers a copy of the floor plan so they can unload quickly.
- Inventory any damages or missing items.Â Be sure to make a note on
the movers inventory sheet and follow up with the moving company.
- If moving yourself, be sure to take your time and have plenty of
help from friends.Â Be sure to have plenty of drinks and snacks to keep
your help energized.
After the Move
- Replace the locks.Â You don't know who all may have a key to your home.
- Be sure the post office has your new address.
- Be sure to send your change of address to all your bank accounts, creditors, insurance companies, licenses, doctors, etc.
- Keep records of expenses for tax purposes and take a photo inventory for insurance purposes.
- Introduce yourselves to your new neighbors!
If you are looking to buy or sell real estate in the Phoenix
Metro Area, give us a call, we would love to help.Â We have been serving
the Phoenix Metro Area since 1988.
Ron and Brenda Cunningham
West USA Realty,Â Â 1640 S StapleyÂ #130,Â Mesa, AZÂ 85204
Brenda's Cell:Â Â 602.980.3133Â Â Â Â Ron's Cell: 602-499-0694 Â Â
e-Fax:Â Â 602.863.4623
*Recognized in the Phoenix Business Journal as One of The Top 50 Realtors in the Valley