Home > Blogs > California > Property insurance

Yvette Chavez's Blog

By Yvette Chavez | Other/Just Looking in Norwalk, CA

Property insurance

Property insurance provides protection against most risks to property, such as fire, theft and some weather damage. This includes specialized forms of insurance such as fire insurance, flood insurance, earthquake insurance, home insurance, orboiler insurance. Property is insured in two main ways—open perils and named perils. Open perils cover all the causes of loss not specifically excluded in the policy. Common exclusions on open peril policies include damage resulting fromearthquakes, floods, nuclear incidents, acts of terrorism, and war. Named perils require the actual cause of loss to be listed in the policy for insurance to be provided. The more common named perils include such damage-causing events as fire,lightning, explosion, and theft.


By Morcos Azer,  Tue Oct 16 2012, 23:50
we need to learn more about insurance

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer