Selling your home can be stressful, to say the least! It is important to get the most out of your home. Take a look at these 10 upgrades that could help!
1. Update Kitchens: Updating a kitchen can be a very costly remodel.
Smaller updates can make your kitchen look brand new. Repainting or
refinishing cabinets that are still in good shape, upgrading to Energy
Star appliances, or even replacing your kitchen faucet can refresh your
kitchen’s look at a fraction of the cost.
2. Re-Vamp Appliances: If you want to keep your current appliances, but
they don’t match, try contacting the manufacturer to order new panels.
There are even options of buying wallpaper to cover your appliances-
including stainless steel!
3. Energy Efficient Windows: With cold weather hitting the majority of
the United States, energy efficient windows are increasingly more
important. While somewhat costly upon purchase, they pay off in the
resale value of the home because the buyer will be saving on utilities.
The best part is you can even save on energy costs while trying to sell
4. Paint: This seems too good to be true! Fresh paint in some modern
colors can go far in creating the home feel buyers are looking for.
Neutral colors are always your best option!
5. Storage: Everyone loves storage! Take a look around your home to see
which areas may be a great potential to build more storage. Building
shelves into the garage or even adding half a table to a bathroom for
more space are perfect ideas!
6. Landscaping: Beautiful landscaping will add serious value to
potential buyers. Keep your landscaping updated with seasonal flowers
and plants. Consider planting ahead for mature trees and plants.
7. Upgrade Exterior Doors: Curb appeal is very important in selling
your home. Upgrading your doors can give a more modern and fresh look to
potential buyers, therefore increasing the value of your home.
8. Outdoor Fencing: This is something that is easily taken for granted!
To give your home a new and comfortable feel consider replacing any
current fencing. Wooden picket fences are always a better option than
chain-link, especially in the front of your home. If you don’t already
have a fence consider any areas of your yard that could benefit from
Just a few quick easy ideas to help you along the way!