According to a National Association of REALTORSÂ® survey released in January 2011, home owners and renters agree that home ownership benefits individuals and families, strengthens our communities, and is integral to our nationâ€™s economy.
The American Attitudes About Homeownership survey found:
- 95% of homeowners and 72% of renters believe that over a period of years it makes sense to own a home.
- Despite the downturn in the economy, 93% of homeowners would buy a home again.
- More than half of owners (56%) are â€œveryâ€ or â€œextremelyâ€ satisfied with the overall quality of their family life, only 36% of renters report the same levels of satisfaction.
- 63% of renters say they will purchase a home sometime in the future.
- 18-24 year olds have the strongest desire for home ownership.
Even during this rough economic cycle, homeownership is still desired by most people.Â The benefits of owning a home just outweigh any negatives.Â This survey shows there will also be people looking to own a home.
~Information from the National Association of REALTORSÂ®~