1. Price your home right! If you are in the process of selling your home, you must be willing to lower the price. Research other homes in your area and see what they are being sold for, and go a little lower. You might get that competitive edge, while other sellers may not be so flexible. That edge can lead to a sale!
2. Be sure your home has curb appeal! In order to compete with other homes like yours, give your home the discerning edge and be sure it has some curb appeal. A little clean up can go a long way towards winning a buyer’s first impression. Powerwash the siding, paint the trim and doors, plant some new flowers, add some new exterior lighting. Remember, the outside is what potential buyers see first!
3. Clear your home of clutter. We can’t stress this one enough. You want potential buyers to picture themselves living in your home. What does this mean? Take down personal photos, put any excess furniture into storage, make sure you don’t have stacks of paper on your kitchen table, remove any excess items from your kitchen counters so they appear to have more space, and even remove some clothes from your closets so they appear bigger. Make the home feel bigger, more spacious, and more buyer friendly!
4. Fix big and small problems. Do you have really outdated carpeting in the living room? Consider replacing it. Patch up that hole in the drywall in the basement. Don’t forget about the smaller issues around the home also, such as repainting some trim and removing scuff marks from the kitchen floor. Spending some time do the little “fix it” items on your to do list can make all the difference in the overall appearance. A common objection from buyer’s is that a home may “need too much work.” Don’t let a few easy fix its deter a potential buyer.
5. Hire the best agent to help you sell. Selling your home is an important business decision, so when deciding to get your home on the market, make sure you are making an informed decision that is in your best financial interest. We recommend interviewing a few agents before hiring the agent for the job of selling your home.
Did you know The Hoffman Murphy Team nets their sellers $7000 more on average than any of their competition? And that we have a full time Listing Coordinator and Stager that can handle items #1-4 in for you for no extra fee?
For more information on how we achieve outstanding results for our sellers, contact us by calling 310-939-9393 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org