Austin is a city known for live music and festivals, andÂ Austin City LimitsÂ is the granddaddy of them all â€“ the festival that started in 2001 as a 2 day event and has grown to encompass 2 weekends with 75,000 attendees each day.Â As long time ACL veterans, we atÂ Keep Austin Weird HomesÂ offer this list of practical tips.Â
- This year everyone MUSTÂ register their wristband online.Â Go here to do so.
- Wristbands for the second weekend of ACL are still available. You can buy themÂ here.
- You can bring a bag with you â€“ itÂ willÂ be searched and thisÂ willÂ take time.Â
- Collapsible chairs and coolers are allowed, but ice is not.
- Zilker Park is smoke free, but if you are one of the last diehard cigarette smokers in Austin, youâ€™ll be allowed to leave and reenter the festival as needed, passing through the security line each time
- There will be free public WiFi near Austin Eats
FOOD & DRINK
- There will be plenty of food vendors on site, but be aware they do not accept credit cards.Â Bring cash, or plan to stand in line at an ATM.
- You can bring 2 sealed water bottles inside the festival.Â There will also be water stations where you can refill water bottles.
- Bringing food or alcohol into the park is not allowed, however plenty of both will be for sale inside.
- It doesnâ€™t rain often in Austin, but if it does watch out! Â Small umbrellas are allowed, and rain boots are recommended.
- Sunscreen is definitely something youâ€™ll want to bring â€“ bear in mind that aerosol spray bottles are not allowed, and that includes sunscreen.
- There is no parking at all at ACL.
- Plan A is to bike in
- Plan B is to ride the shuttle from Republic Square at the corner of 4th & Guadalupe streets. The shuttles run from 10AM to 11PM daily.
FEELING LEFT OUT?
If you can't make it to Zilker Park, you can watch the ACL Festival Webcast. The live stream will cover the second weekend of the festival and feature 50 acts. The webcast will start streaming live on Oct. 11 here.
Check out our Facebook page for our team membersâ€™ photos from the festival (weâ€™ll be attending weekend 2 this year), and be sure to share your own there too.Â See you at Zilker!
And if you happen to fall in love with Austin on your ACL visitÂ like so many other festivalgoers over the years have, feel free to contact us atÂ Keep Austin Weird HomesÂ â€“ we can help you assess whether a move would make sense for you.