Anyone in theÂ Real EstateÂ industryÂ will tell you June is a busy month!Â Â So, lets look at how you as a seller can increase your chances of selling your home still this month.Â But first, some things should know...Â The typical first-time home buyerÂ is in their 30's according to the NAR 2010 profile of home buyers andÂ sellers.Â These same buyers most likely haveÂ school ageÂ kids so theyÂ will beÂ looking for single-familyÂ homes.Â Once school is out in June, these buyers areÂ serious about finding theirÂ new dream homeÂ beforeÂ August (when school starts.)Â Â Â
What does this mean for sellers?Â Â You have more serious buyers looking to buy,Â BUT you willÂ alsoÂ have a lotÂ more competition as the # homes for sale tend to increase this month...Â Â
SoÂ whatÂ can you do to stand out from the competition AND attract these fresh new buyers?Â Rev up the marketing this month!!Â Â I'm not only talking aboutÂ having your Realtor do this,Â believe me he/she is already working hard to bring in potentialÂ buyers.Â If you're serious about selling your home,Â you have to beÂ aggressive inÂ marketing the inside and outside of your home, especiallyÂ toÂ the pre-qualified buyersÂ your Realtor brings in!Â Â Ask yourself the followingÂ questions below and you'llÂ haveÂ a good ideaÂ onÂ what your chances are of selling your home quickly...
FYI, any buyer in your home is a good prospect...you already have what they're looking for (size, location, etc.) now show them WHY they should buy it!
1. Does the curb appeal look inviting to buyers driving by (over 85% of buyersÂ do this today!)Â If not, trim bushes, put down new mulch, add color, etc.Â If the outsideÂ looks dull, they will assume the inside is just as dull...
2. What do buyers think or feel when they first walk in to your house?Â It'sÂ hard to be objective of your ownÂ house because it's personal, so if you have a brutally honest friend or know a friendly home stager (ahem) in Indiana, ask forÂ feedback...
3. Will the paint color in your home scare or bore buyers?Â Only 10% of buyers have the ability to see potential in a home...don't make them think too hard, show them howÂ they can make it their own home by painting it a neutral or soft color that is inviting to ANY buyer.Â
4. Does your house look spacious?Â Remember, we are selling SPACEÂ in Real Estate, not the stuff inside it...which means anything extra that is hiding valuable space (i.e. that spare recliner in the corner or the oversized couch blocking the view, etc.) needs to go if you are planning on taking it with you anyway.Â
5. Does your home speak to buyers and what is it saying?Â "Hi, don't you just love this 1989 wall paper I'm wearing, you're not thinking about removingÂ itÂ are you...that will be a lot of work, you should leave."Â Or "Hi, I've got a fresh new coat of paint that just brightens up this room and I'm holding just enough furniture and beautiful accessories that makes you want to sit down and stay doesn't it?"
June isÂ a GREAT month to make things happen...whether your home is already listed or is about to go up for sale,Â REV UP your marketing and get it SOLD soon!