When the phone rings and a Manchester NH area caller asks "Are you an experienced Real Estate Agent?" It is natural for a pause waiting to see what is said next as the caller states "I need to know because my last agent claimed they are the biggest company which means they were the most experienced and they did not sell my home as promised."
Upon review I could quickly see what I frequently find , that they listed with a company who seems to work on being the biggest not necessarily the best.
Then they let me know they that when they started asking around who to hire, many people gave them MY name.
Alter a discussion of experience I want to share with you what a TRUE Experienced Agent will offer.
1. A "Well" Experienced Agent will anticipate problems before they happen.
2. A "Well" Experienced Agent offers solutions based on previous results.
3. A "Well" Experienced Agent has a good reputation with other area agents who enjoy working with them.
4. A "Well" Experienced Agent understands the ever changing market and adapts quickly to it.
5. A "Well" Experienced Agent will get you good results through hard work, expertise and guiding you through each step of the Real Estate process.ï»¿
Choose a "Bad Agent" and the results could be disaster" but choose a "Good' Agent, and you may sell your home faster and at the best price obtainable.
Bigger is not better and all agents are not created equal. You as the consumer have the power to choose the right agent.
.Our TOP TIPS IF YOU WANT YOUR HOME SOLD IN TODAY'S MARKET
1. CHOOSE THE RIGHT LISTING AGENT: As a home owner in this market you need every advantage you can to get your home sold. It starts with choosing the right agent.
a. Ask for a Full time agent whose sole job is to sell homes.
b. Ask for a Full service agent who will guide you through each step of the selling process. Discount brokers often equal discount services.
c. Ask for a Local agent who knows your neighborhood and is readily available when you need them is a must. Out of town agents can leave you high and dry in your time of need.
d. Ask for a well experienced Listing Agent can give you the advantages you need when selling your home. Not all agents are created equal. Choose only the best.
2. Ask to PRICE THE HOME CORRECTLY: One of the most important things that can help you sell your home is pricing it right. . List prices need to be priced at or near market value. The simple truth is over priced listings are one of the only segments of the market that are not selling. A great agent will study the recent sales, study what is on the market and use trends and comparables to place a value on your property.
3. Ask for an agent with a great marketing program - GETTING A BUYER TO SEE YOUR LISTING: Before anyone can view your home, they have to know it is for sale. Using an agent with an extensive marketing and advertising program is the best start to get your home the exposure it needs and deserves. Some agents whose sole marketing plan is placing a sign in your yard and placing the home in MLS is not a sound marketing plan.
4. Ask for help to GET YOUR HOME READY FOR A BUYER TO SEE IT: A listing agent can guide a buyer to your front door, but the can not make them go inside. You need to prepare your house for sale.
a. THE EXTERIOR: Your lawn should be mowed, bushes trimmed, debris, toys or belongings picked up and removed from the yard. In the winter shovel your walk and driveway, sand and or salt and knock those icicles off your roof. Make sure your screen/storm door is in working order, it is the first thing they will touch and a storm door with a missing handle or off it's hinges will drive buyers away.
b. THE INTERIOR: Remove anything from your house you are not using, often called "decluttering". Clear off the counters, bureaus and floors. Make sure walls are free of marks or holes. Freshly painted walls in a neutral color are always a plus. Make sure all faucets and toilets run properly, no drips, no leaks and the toilets should not always run. Clean your carpets, remove pet items and during showings your pets should be taken out of the House
IN CONCLUSION: There is a lot of behind the scenes work going on to get a house on the market, marketed, get an offer, go through the buyers mortgage process, appraisal, inspections and get to the closing of the home. If you did not notice most of these steps, I did a great job. With the decrease in Listings, there is pressure on Listing Agents to provide more service. For agents who have been providing a great service to their clients throughout the last 4-5 years they are being rewarded as home sellers and buyers talk, they let each other know who did the great job or who dropped the ball. As you see it is no accident a home sells. It is through the hard work of the agent.
If you are looking to SELL a property in NH, you can choose ME. I strive to offer the best in personal and professional service through EACH step of the SELLING process..
It does not take magic to turn your "For Sale" sign into a "Sold" sign. it takes a full time Local Agent who specializes in Listing homes like yours.
If you are thinking of buying a Home please contact us. Get a free pre-qualification along with some of the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE through each step of the Buying Prices.
Please call for a FREE MARKET ANALYSIS to know what the value of your home is.
WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE THE BEST POSSIBLE SERVICE THROUGHOUT EACH STEP OF THE LISTING AND SELLING PROCESS!!!
If you need to sell your home and you owe more than your house is worth, i may be able to help. I specialize in working with home owners to get your home sold. There are many options such as a short sale which may be able to help you.
Please try and avoid out of state or out of town agents and companies that make "out of this world promises". We are local agents with experience who never charge any up front fees.
We are local agents with experience who GET RESULTS!!!
We stand by you through every step in selling your home..
PLEASE SEE MY "TOP" TIPS FOR SELLING A HOME Are you READY TO SELL YOUR HOME? Step 1: Choosing an agent
PLEASE SEE MY "TOP" TIPS FOR BUYING A HOME Are you Ready to BUY A HOME? Step 1 Find a REALTOR
About the Author: Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of the Godzyk Real Estate Services in Manchester NH. With 27 years of experience, Scott is a leading Agent for Listing and Selling Homes in this area. To CONTACT Scott Godzyk please call 603.661.2121 or EMAIL: Sctprop@aol.com . We are Full Time Agents ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs through each step of the buying and Selling process. We are proud to be locally owned and operated.