The Reality of Real Estate is that there is too many different opinion's of today's Real Estate market most of which are myths or may not apply in your area. The problem starts with the media and ends with Agents who may not be doing their job to educate and inform the public.
I observed this pattern here in the Manchester NH area over the last couple weeks. It reaches from Buyers to Sellers, Re-sales to Foreclosures and even with Short Sales.
The market is booming for some while a bust for others. New Foreclosures are down while Foreclosure auctions are up.
What is one to do? Sit back and check out my 25 items you may not know about the Real Estate Market.
1. Banks are approving more mortgages.
2. Banks are taking their time though, checking the potential Buyers credit and financials not once but again before you close.
3. Real Estate is Local and any national news may not apply to all areas.
4. The overall Real Estate market IS improving.
5. Values of homes overall are increasing slightly.
6. The amount of time a home is on the market is decreasing sharply.
7. Homes in need of a lot of work are still declining in value in a lot of areas.
8. New Foreclosures are decking.
9. Foreclosure auctions are increasing as banks clear vacant homes from their books.
10. Short Sales are decreasing.
11. Some short sales are still being declined becuase they are being listed with in-experienced agents.
12. The time to approve short sales properly handled have cut in half from only a couple of years ago.
13. Many areas are experiencing a shortage of rentals.
14. Some Buyers are not getting pre-qualified before looking for homes leading to a let down.
15. Some buyers do not take the time to hire a Buyer agent that will actually assist them in buying a home.
16, Many buyers are now taking the time to hire experienced Buyer agents who will assist them through each step pof the buying process and are finding their dream homes.
17. Many Sellers who choose a listing agent who is not providing full service may sit on the market a long time.
18. Many Sellers choosing experienced Listing agents who are providing full service and edxtensive marketing programs are seeing their homes sell quickly.
19. Some agents are blaming the slow market for no sales.
20. Some agents are the busiest they have been by working harder and making tings happen rather than waiting for things to happen.
As a consumer, whether Buying OR Selling a home, the Best choice is choosing an Agent in your area that will take the time to guide you through each step of the Listing, Selling or Buying process. In NH that agent can be me.
Our TOP TIPS IF YOU WANT YOUR HOME SOLD IN TODAY'S MARKET
1. CHOOSE THE RIGHT LISTING AGENT: As a home owner in this market you need every advantage you can to get your home sold. It starts with choosing the right agent.
a. Ask for a Full time agent whose sole job is to sell homes.
b. Ask for a Full service agent who will guide you through each step of the selling process. Discount brokers often equal discount services.
c. Ask for a Local agent who knows your neighborhood and is readily available when you need them is a must. Out of town agents can leave you high and dry in your time of need.
d. Ask for a well experienced Listing Agent can give you the advantages you need when selling your home. Not all agents are created equal. Choose only the best.
2. Ask to PRICE THE HOME CORRECTLY: One of the most important things that can help you sell your home is pricing it right. . List prices need to be priced at or near market value. The simple truth is over priced listings are one of the only segments of the market that are not selling. A great agent will study the recent sales, study what is on the market and use trends and comparables to place a value on your property.
3. Ask for an agent with a great marketing program - GETTING A BUYER TO SEE YOUR LISTING: Before anyone can view your home, they have to know it is for sale. Using an agent with an extensive marketing and advertising program is the best start to get your home the exposure it needs and deserves. Some agents whose sole marketing plan is placing a sign in your yard and placing the home in MLS is not a sound marketing plan.
4. Ask for help to GET YOUR HOME READY FOR A BUYER TO SEE IT: A listing agent can guide a buyer to your front door, but the can not make them go inside. You need to prepare your house for sale.
a. THE EXTERIOR: Your lawn should be mowed, bushes trimmed, debris, toys or belongings picked up and removed from the yard. In the winter shovel your walk and driveway, sand and or salt and knock those icicles off your roof. Make sure your screen/storm door is in working order, it is the first thing they will touch and a storm door with a missing handle or off it's hinges will drive buyers away.
b. THE INTERIOR: Remove anything from your house you are not using, often called "decluttering". Clear off the counters, bureaus and floors. Make sure walls are free of marks or holes. Freshly painted walls in a neutral color are always a plus. Make sure all faucets and toilets run properly, no drips, no leaks and the toilets should not always run. Clean your carpets, remove pet items and during showings your pets should be taken out of the House
IN CONCLUSION: There is a lot of behind the scenes work going on to get a house on the market, marketed, get an offer, go through the buyers mortgage process, appraisal, inspections and get to the closing of the home. If you did not notice most of these steps, I did a great job. With the decrease in Listings, there is pressure on Listing Agents to provide more service. For agents who have been providing a great service to their clients throughout the last 4-5 years they are being rewarded as home sellers and buyers talk, they let each other know who did the great job or who dropped the ball. As you see it is no accident a home sells. It is through the hard work of the agent.
If you are looking to SELL a property in NH, you can choose ME. I strive to offer the best in personal and professional service through EACH step of the SELLING process..
It does not take magic to turn your "For Sale" sign into a "Sold" sign. it takes a full time Local Agent who specializes in Listing homes like yours.
If you are thinking of buying a Home please contact us. Get a free pre-qualification along with some of the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE through each step of the Buying Prices.
Please call for a FREE MARKET ANALYSIS to know what the value of your home is.
WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE THE BEST POSSIBLE SERVICE THROUGHOUT EACH STEP OF THE LISTING AND SELLING PROCESS!!!
If you need to sell your home and you owe more than your house is worth, i may be able to help. I specialize in working with home owners to get your home sold. There are many options such as a short sale which may be able to help you.
Please try and avoid out of state or out of town agents and companies that make "out of this world promises". We are local agents with experience who never charge any up front fees.
We are local agents with experience who GET RESULTS!!!
We stand by you through every step in selling your home..
PLEASE SEE MY "TOP" TIPS FOR SELLING A HOME Are you READY TO SELL YOUR HOME? Step 1: Choosing an agent
PLEASE SEE MY "TOP" TIPS FOR BUYING A HOME Are you Ready to BUY A HOME? Step 1 Find a REALTOR
About the Author: Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of the Godzyk Real Estate Services in Manchester NH. With 27 years of experience, Scott is a leading Agent for Listing and Selling Homes in this area. To CONTACT Scott Godzyk please call 603.661.2121 or EMAIL: Sctprop@aol.com . We are Full Time Agents ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs through each step of the buying and Selling process. We are proud to be locally owned and operated.