Ease Your Holiday Selling Stress
Tips to Plan Ahead, Keep Your Cool, and The Selling Process Will Go Smoothly
The Holidays on their own can be stressful enough. However selling your home during this busy time can seem to much to handle. Luckily if you plan ahead and keep your cool when selling your home during theholidays the winter months can go off without a catch.
Tips When Selling Your Home During the Holidays
- Prepare your home for selling in advance. The sooner you put your home on the market the better. Start by cleaning out the clutter and personal items. Getting the chores out of the way will give you more time to enjoy the holiday season. Read Have Your Home Sold for the Holidays for reasons to place and keep your home on the market during the Holidays.
- Take care of the Holiday shopping early. Try not to wait to the last minute for your Christmas shopping. Selling is stressful enough, you don't want to add on the long lines and traffic.
- Hire someone to help with the cleaning. It is understandable that there is not enough time to get all the cleaning done in a day. Give yourself a present this year by hiring someone to help with the daily chores. Spending just a little extra money can really pay off while saving you time and energy.
- Look at the good points. While maintaining your home's curb appeal is still very important think of the things you don't have to do such as mowing the law or weeding the flowers.
- Schedule Showings around Holiday Guests. Block out some time with your REALTOR for important dates. Your family and friends most likely wont be pleased to vacant the home every time someone wants to see the home.
- Keep weekends open for showings. That is except for Christmas. Homes tend to show better when it is light out. Buyers have less time during their work week to go house hunting. Be prepared whenselling your home for weekend showings.
- Don't worry about the lack of lookers. Fewer looks do not always mean fewer contracts. Typically during this time you tend to receive more serious buyers when selling your home during the holidays. During the spring you tend to receive casual lookers.
- Try not to rely on selling your home during the holidays. If you need a contract before the consider that in the price.
Ease Your Holiday Stress When Selling a Home