I am a grandfather five times over and sport a very noble head of white
hair, so it might be hard to believe I still have a junior in high
school. We love our son but his first day of college may be moreÂ
exciting for us than for him?! With much anticipation of
empty-nest-hood, my wife and I are starting the process of downsizing
our living footprint. We love Boise and will stay, of course. She is
starting to search in our same community and general area for a smaller
house... with a larger garage. As the wife of a real estate agent and
as ID-BUY's professional listing photographer and
as a past copywriter of listing remarks herself, she is wise to listing
agent's creative descriptions; she has heard a lot, seen a lot and is
wary of a lot!
My last blog tackled euphemisms in real estate descriptions and what
they often turn out to mean. The following are ones she has recently
encountered personally while searching HOMES FOR SALE and here are her
1. PARK-LIKE BACKYARD-Â and Park Ranger required for full-time maintenance job!
|"Lodge-like"Â Â Â "Custom Stonework"|
2. TREE HOUSE-LIKE FEELING- that bats, owls and nesting squirrels can only appreciate
3. EASY HIGHWAY ACCESS or EASY COMMUTE- you can hear the freeway or see a
traffic light over the back fence or from the second story bedroom
4. TASTEFUL- solely created by the seller's personal property that the buyer can't have
5. LOTS OF CHARACTER- with split personalities and some serious character flaws
6. TWO-CAR GARAGE- for two Mini Coopers and some very slim homeowners
7. FANTASTIC VIEWS- overlooking a sprawling middle school and its outdoor sports complex
8. YOUR OWN PRIVATE IDAHO- the part that no one else wants, circa 1970
9. COZY- that will cause cabin fever or claustrophobia
10. GREAT CURB APPEAL- and inferior interiors
Our search continues. We have plenty of time to find the right place for our next chapter!
Let ID-BUY Real Estate help you find yours...