We receive dozens of inquiries every month from buyers looking for a rent to own home in Denver. When we are contacted by one of these clients, our first question is "Why do you need a Rent-To Own Home?"
There are legitimate reasons for buying a home using a Rent-To-Own option, and we want to educate you on when to use these programs, and when another alternative may be a better option for you.
While a Rent-To-Own home can be a good solution in many situations, here are the circumstances where they work the best:
- Recent Bankruptcy / Foreclosure: If you have had good credit in the past, but recent events have caused traditional lenders to reject you, a Rent-To-Own option may be the ideal solution to help you get into the home you want now whiel rebuilding your credit so you can qualify for a mortgage in the near future.
- Verifiable Income: Are you self employed or recently changed careers? If mortgage lenders can't count your income for the next 12-24 months, but you need to get into a home now, a Rent to own may be a great option to consider.
- Other Credit Issues: If you have had some credit issues in the past, but are in the process of credit repair, a Rent To Own program can help you get into the home no while you finish repairing your credit.
Again, while these lease option type programs work for many people, they do not fit everyone's needs. Here are a couple of situations where they are typically not ideal:
- Lack of Down Payment Funds: If the reason you are looking at a rent to own option is lack of immediate funds, you should look at other options. Most rent to own programs require 8%-10% of the purchase price as a down payment due when the lease option contract is executed. Many of these programs allow this money to be returned to you when you buy the property (to be used as your down payment), but it is required as cash up front. If a lack of down payment is the only reason you are considering a Rent-To-Own option, consider one of the many Down Payment Assistance programs in Colorado. Our team can help you with any of these great programs.
- You "Might Want To Buy in the Future": If you are looking for a place to rent, but simply like the idea of being able to buy if you want to down the road, these are probably not the programs for you. Because of the risk and structure of these programs, rents are typically higher than if you were to simply rent a home. While many times this increase in rent is repaid to you when you do ultimately purchase the home, it is not an extra expense many typical renters need to pay.
For many people, these programs are ideal and allow them the opportunity to get into a home now that they want to buy but are unable to purchase immediately. If you would like more information, you can call our team at 303-726-1874 or view this step-by-step guide to Denver Rent to Own programs.
Denver Area Rent To Own Home Searches:
Aurora Rent To Own Homes Arvada Rent To Own Homes Brighton Rent To Own Homes Broomfield Rent To Own Homes Castle Rock Rent To Own Homes Centennial Rent To Own Homes Commerce City Rent To Own Homes Denver Rent To Own Homes Englewood Rent To Own Homes Golden Rent To Own Homes Highlands Ranch Rent To Own Homes Lakewood Rent To Own Homes Littleton Rent To Own Homes Lone Tree Rent To Own Homes Northglenn Rent To Own Homes Parker Rent To Own HomesThornton Rent To Own Homes Westminster Rent To Own Homes
We receive calls every week from buyers looking to Rent to Own
Homes in Denver. Many of the buyers have had a Denver
foreclosure or a short sale and need to clean up their
credit. Others aren't sure if they will be in the Denver area for a long period
of time, but want to lock in the possibility of today's prices in case they do
stay long term.
The challenge with these properties is that they are
difficult to find and most agents are not familiar with the process or
procedures for helping these buyers. In an effort to make the search easier, we
have a page on our website that lists all of the Rent to own homes in Denver and
the surrounding areas. All of these homes are listed in the MOS with the option
for a buyer to purchase the home with a lease option.
Again, there are many extra steps to a transaction of this type, but for the
right buyer, in the right situation, it may make sense. Give our team of experts
a call today to see what the right choice is for you. With all of the deals on
Denevr foreclosures and the $100 down program on Denver HUD
homes, rent to own may not be smartest way to go. But if it
is, we can help you every step of the way. Give us a call at 303-726-1874 today
and we can educate you on all of the options for rent to own homes in