â€œCreative Reuseâ€ is the transformation of everyday items that would otherwise be thrown out into something useful. Itâ€™s where being â€œgreenâ€ and the arts can converge.Â
In every Biltmore Shores home, there are literallyÂ hundredsÂ of items that be reused and repurposed, including such disparate items as chipped coffee mugs, step ladders, and bubble wrap. After transformation, for example, these three items can become a simple storage container, a plant stand, and greenhouse insulation, respectively.
Real Simple made a list of â€œ50 All-Time Favorite New Uses For Old Thingsâ€œ. Itâ€™s a list of Creative Reuse projects from which youâ€™re bound to find inspiration.
For example, the magazine suggests using an old Twister Mat as a childrenâ€™s party tablecloth; or an old eyeglasses case to hold nail care essentials such as clippers, files and scissors.
Some of Real Simpleâ€™s other top ideas included :
- Distinguish your glass from other party-goersâ€™ glasses at a party with peel-on/peel-off window decals
- Protect counter tops from hot dishes with and old mousepad-turned-trivet
- Eliminate travel bulk. Carry non-prescription medicines in an old contact lens case.
- Use Play-Doh as a candle or sparkler holder
- Pour pancake batter into an old ketchup bottle for no-mess cooking
With Creative Reuse, youâ€™re limited only by your imagination and, even then, Google can be a terrific project resource.
Check the Real Simple list forÂ 50 great ideas.